Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuber
The human mind is truly wonderous and mysterious. I believe we've barely cracked the surface of what it can do.

I have no information that can help, but good luck in your endeavors. I hope someone with prospects does respond.

If I had to take a wild guess at possibilities... is there perhaps a chance that he they might be able to find work with the government in some sort of an analysis or even codebreaking role? Or perhaps find a way to get in with the local universities and schools and see how someone with their talents might be able to help in a research capacity?

Just thinking about their abilities makes me wonder how well they'd do trying to translate whale or dolphin songs, for instance, especially being able to discern such changes in pitch and duration, etc.

Again, good luck.
These are some excellent offerings. Good job.

I knew a guy who had a Doctorate in Mathematics from Harvard ... his entire career and specialty was writing the code (in binary) that handled the guidance of missiles launched from a submarine ... dealing with thermal layers, sub-currents, and changing surface waves, atmospheric storms (all so it wasn't knocked off course).

Today, that's all moot because they use GPS guidance ... but those kinds of jobs are out there with the government in other areas, and this person probably would be a perfect fit. I just would be concerned about the security clearance and what hurdles he might have there.