Lt. Commander
# 11
03-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neroly
.[edit] did you guys read like a couple post from hardcore players and decide it wasnt hard enough for them....im sure if you do a poll...95% of people cannot complete that level with the timer

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir

27%...17%....2%...

You see what I did there? I just made up some numbers like you did.Try what I posted above if that does not work try the general post section for complaints.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-13-2010, 07:28 PM
I can say pretty much for sure that no dev has a work machine that costs that much (SuperMartin uses his own computer because he is weird, might be nicer), so we would be hard pressed to require it :-)
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-13-2010, 07:48 PM
$2000?

Geez, my system (see sig) didn't cost anywhere near $2000.... heck, if I'd had 2k I could have gotten a very nice new monitor to go with it, instead of reusing this 19-inch Samsung (I play at 1280x1024).
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-13-2010, 08:01 PM
I've finshed the mission like 9 times with only 20-30 fps. Sure I could drop everything from highest and get maybe 100+ fps, but 20-30 is certainly doable. Though if you've got bad latency, that may make you miss quite a few landings. Also my 8 year old computer does 30 fps with everything on high, given that most things are greyed out and there are still 3 caps I'd like to replace on the board.

At any rate for dropping the shield is just a matter of moving from a to b to c to d without having to res anyone and knowing how to use melee + a knockback weapon well. That and learning to press the button together without having to do a countdown every time.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-14-2010, 01:52 AM
My computer cost only around $500 or so and I can play the game with excellent framerate.
the only lag I get is network lag.. never graphical lag.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-14-2010, 03:47 AM
I play Star Trek Online on a laptop that I picked up on eBay for 526 Euros.

And it runs the game at near maximum settings. No lag ever. Even when I'm in a fleet action with over a dozen other players.

If the OP actually wants help perhaps he could post his hardware, then people could help him to find cheap hardware upgrades.

Unless his real goal is just to cry on the forums about an imaginary issue... if that's the case then perhaps a mod should just close this thread?
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-14-2010, 07:02 AM
I paid $650 USD for my current Desktop. I added a $150 Radeon 5770, and I am able to play on the highest settings at no less than 60fps in most areas. This can dip to around 40 in very demanding situations. If your machine is falling behind on the framerates, then adjust the video settings appropriately. It's that simple.

Also, to the poster who said when you die the only thing to do is respawn and start over: WRONG. Even if you fall in the plasma, it is quite easy to make it out alive. Simply have another member of your team get as close as possible to you. They should be able to rez you from a platform. As soon as they do, run and jump like a madman until you are out of the plasma. It might take multiple rezs to make it but it certainly beats having to do the whole thing over again.

In addition to that, something that will help with the timers is making sure that when all 4 generators are deactivated, atleast one teammate gets as close as they can to the generator in the center. This way, even if the shield goes back up, they will be inside of it and they can take it down with ease. Spend that time positioning yourself for the boss fight.

Hopefully we won't really need this exploit when the Borg respawn timers are fixed. But it works wonders for the time being. My last 2 runs of the Infected have been done in less than an hour.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-14-2010, 11:21 AM
nothing beats building your own system

most serious gamer do. its a lot cheaper and and you end up with a system that costs around 7000-800 bucks that out performs system you or or buy from stores costing 2000 bucks or more.

mine cost around $750 to build with a 24" wide screen flat panel monitor and can run every thing on the market at max including this game. only game it hasn't been able to is ms flight sim x. i also built a media center pc for around $500 it hokked to my 42" hi def tv and it it also run this game at max .

i can say this game looks sharp on on a 42" hi def tv running through a surround sound system

and basically the gaming rig is using a amd phenom 2 quad core and a nvidia 9800gtx with 1gb vram and 4gb sys ram.
the media center is just a amd dual core with a radeon 4350 with 512mb vram and only 2 gb sys ram. both with windows 7 64 bit. both handles this game at max nicely.

so this game most defiantly does not even require any thing near a top of the line machine to run decently.
most store bought pc's even ones from dell are not configured or built properly in the first . the one that are you pay thru the nose for and even those machine cost the companies that built them less than $1000 and the one you buy at walmart for $500 are actually built with spare parts laying around some parts being 4 or 5 years old which is the why they run the way they do. and people that buy these machines are what keeps me in business so i can pay to play STO
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobieone
nothing beats building your own system

most serious gamer do. its a lot cheaper and and you end up with a system that costs around 7000-800 bucks that out performs system you or or buy from stores costing 2000 bucks or more.

mine cost around $750 to build with a 24" wide screen flat panel monitor and can run every thing on the market at max including this game. only game it hasn't been able to is ms flight sim x. i also built a media center pc for around $500 it hokked to my 42" hi def tv and it it also run this game at max .

i can say this game looks sharp on on a 42" hi def tv running through a surround sound system

and basically the gaming rig is using a amd phenom 2 quad core and a nvidia 9800gtx with 1gb vram and 4gb sys ram.
the media center is just a amd dual core with a radeon 4350 with 512mb vram and only 2 gb sys ram. both with windows 7 64 bit. both handles this game at max nicely.

so this game most defiantly does not even require any thing near a top of the line machine to run decently.
most store bought pc's even ones from dell are not configured or built properly in the first . the one that are you pay thru the nose for and even those machine cost the companies that built them less than $1000 and the one you buy at walmart for $500 are actually built with spare parts laying around some parts being 4 or 5 years old which is the why they run the way they do. and people that buy these machines are what keeps me in business so i can pay to play STO
Actually, once you get over the 2000 mark it's cheaper to get the PC built for you (at least in the UK) - I've built all my PC's except for my current one, which was around 10-15% cheaper to have built than buy the seperate components. I also got a 3 year warranty, free delivery, the PC was stress tested, free games, a strange laptop bag (I bought a desktop) and a 10,000 RPM raptor thrown in for free.

But yes, generally, building your own is cheaper.