Lt. Commander
# 11
03-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
Haven't played many Cryptic games, have you.
I know people who have played a single Cryptic game for years. but in those other games, you had enough character slots that it was viable to continually try out new builds (or even just new looks) as you tired of the old ones.

only 3 character slots is very puzzling in a game with so many character customization options, a skillpoint cap, and no ability to respec (yes, I know they're adding respecs, but this only makes the situation slightly less puzzling).

-ken
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-12-2010, 12:25 PM
I agree, Klinks need a more fair way to level. The only thing that keeps me going is that the KDF are like pirates!
Lt. Commander
# 13 only three slots?
03-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowreap
I know people who have played a single Cryptic game for years. but in those other games, you had enough character slots that it was viable to continually try out new builds (or even just new looks) as you tired of the old ones.

only 3 character slots is very puzzling in a game with so many character customization options, a skillpoint cap, and no ability to respec (yes, I know they're adding respecs, but this only makes the situation slightly less puzzling).

-ken
Please tell me this isn't so! I have 2 45's and the KDF was to be put on hiatus until the faction was developed. I was going to try MANY different race/class/ship combination's FED side....

If this IS correct:

1. Buy CE for Liberated Borg
2. Purchase Klingon FED
3. Purchase Ferengi FED
4. NO MORE CHOICES TO EXPLORE FOR YOU!

OBTW: 5. NO ROMULAN FOR YOU!
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-12-2010, 01:42 PM
I'm sure that when a new faction gets added, they'll give everyone another character slot.

Other than that, I think you can expect to see "Add Character Slot" show up in the C-Store for $. That's the biggest reason I can think of why they went from their usual offering of 8 character slots down to 3.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-12-2010, 05:33 PM
What I hope, and I hope a Dev sees this, is more than just PvE added. I would like it if things were scaled better. I know it's as low as it is to prevent those who PvP a lot to abuse it, but those who don't PvP for several hours at a time consistently, it's way too much of a grind. I'd be cool (and I'd be fine if this was done) if we had missions to go along with the PvP we were doing that were AT OUR LEVEL to help the monotonus grind seem more worth it. Or just bump up the skill points a bit more.

Also, I hate getting into a group where it's 5v1... that should be looked at too. If there are a few groups forming, consolidating them before they start or if people bail, deeming the people with the highest points as winners and giving a slightly reduced reward seems fair.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-13-2010, 03:25 AM
I was pleased to see that, just before I accepted the Kahless Expanse mission on Tribble, that the skill reward was 300 skill points. A great improvement. I thank you Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-14-2010, 06:19 AM
Now I'm starting to question if making a Klingon character was wise.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-15-2010, 01:52 AM
I recommend doing ground PVP at lower tiers. Specifically, try playing on the ghost ship map because it's the smallest (faster to encounter with your enemies). Matches are very fast and it's an efficient grind for exp.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-15-2010, 03:14 AM
The joy....

I recived a mission telling me to kill 50 ground NPCs......fine

The only place that had them was in a ground fleet planet......ok

Three players and myself start the mission, I had rank of LC4 +1bar....alright

We completed the mission taking 2-3 hours my new rank is know LC4 + 1.5bars......hummm maybe a bug

Foolishly I tryed other fleet system which was a space mission, I SOLO it , YUP! I beat the DREADNUGHT!

My new rank is LC4 + 2bars for a total of about 6 hours......yup......thats about right : )
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-15-2010, 03:26 AM
Gotta luv the forums...just when I thought I was doing sumpthin wrong in leveling up...I come here and read that everyone has the same problem....Klingon leveling is slow...that's why me thinks Klinks are the underdogs of space...:p Qapla'l!!