Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forjo View Post
It's all about respect.

Nice post! I hope it hits home for many of those who tend to forget that like us, you are all human (except for that dev you mentioned).

One thing I'd like to say:

Please try to remember that for every rude comment or abusive attack you may read, there are many more of us who are simply too busy enjoying the fruits of your work to take the time to comment.

But for what it's worth, know that there is heartfelt gratitude and powerful hope for what you have and will achieve in this most beloved fictional world.

Thank you all again for all the hard work. It is recognized and appreciated.

-Forjo
This
I have been playing STO for an average of 55 hours a week, and would like to register my support for you on going efforts to make the definitive Star Trek experience.

Back to blockading Borg Hunt!

Yours in Appreciative Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-14-2010, 08:27 PM
As someone from a development back ground with both QA, bug fixing and prioritising tasks I can totally understand where you come from. With the powers that be glaring down your neck wondering why that bug that *should* be easy to fix hasn't been fixed 2 days later rofl. That is why I always try to detail as much information to replicate a bug, even trying to repeat it myself several times if it lets me. Even cosmetic ones are still useful to report to go in their cosmetic bug pile.

Keep up the good work, fix those bugs as soon as you are able , and when you can please get some more content across the board.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-15-2010, 07:27 AM
on a side note, where does localisation fit into this, not really surprising, process?

i mean things like the html tag in the hail starfleet or on the borders of sector space in the german version(dont know about french). yes they have been fixed already, but still two weeks seems a bit much.....

or how about an actual issue:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=138545

first post translated: missionlists in the HUD are unreadable

second: the itemlists too are bugged.

fourth: this issue is also on tribble, and now u r bringing it live?!?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Yes, it's true! The QA in the german translation is horrible - like Eisbrecher2 said before. The translation has not been finished yet and is a lot buggy.. (html tags in hail, missing borders of sector space, missing signs in bases etc.) We all know, you have plenty things to do but please pay more attention on the translated versions as well !
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagon
Yes, it's true! The QA in the german translation is horrible - like Eisbrecher2 said before. The translation has not been finished yet and is a lot buggy.. (html tags in hail, missing borders of sector space, missing signs in bases etc.) We all know, you have plenty things to do but please pay more attention on the translated versions as well !
Please allow me to comment here.

HTML Tags in hail: This has not been in the game for some time. If you have actively seen this yourself, then please report it. After talking to the community both in game and on the German forums however the HTML issue was resolved and has since not appeared.

The text you see in sector space on sector borders is not a localization issue, you will sadly also see it in the English client.
The signs in bases are related to this issue and can be seen in the English client as well.

The new issue in which you see rows of "T's" in the interface is being looked at, but I would ask you to please keep the issue to one thread instead of trying to cross-link.

Thanks much!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-15-2010, 01:36 PM
I have the english version and when i am making a bug report for MISSIONS, when you go to select what mission you are making the report for it says Mission name (whatever it is) then {{{UNTRANSLATED COMPLETED MISSION}} or something like that - it changed in the recent patch, before it used to just say "missionname (Completed)"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-15-2010, 01:55 PM
I read somewhere else that when you type "/bug" a screenshot is taken and automatically attached to the next bug report you file. I would like to know if this includes the HUD in the screenshot, and also what other information is automatically attached to the bug report.

If info such as PC configuration, graphics settings, current environment, current mission, character stats, etc. is automatically attached to the report, then we could save ourselves some time by not redundantlly typing them into the bug report.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper11188
-----QA most often, will not get the final say as to when something is released and in what state.----

That bit right there is the main flaw with most MMO developers/producers...in the MMO world, the tail wags the dog, and you get unpolished games thrown over the wall...QA should be there as a gatkeeper, otherwise, spend your money something else.
It works like this everywhere. And for a good reason. Bugs are unavoidable in commercial software. It is just too expensive to wait until you you have it all fixed. (And I see believe because even if you do, you are usually wrong.)

In most creative endeavors - be it writing software, writing a thesis or novel, there is a point where you have to declare yourself "finished", even if you know there are still issues.

At the end, you have to decide "this is good enough". And this decision is made by the creator itself, and by the consumer. Sometimes they disagree.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
It works like this everywhere. And for a good reason. Bugs are unavoidable in commercial software. It is just too expensive to wait until you you have it all fixed. (And I see believe because even if you do, you are usually wrong.)

In most creative endeavors - be it writing software, writing a thesis or novel, there is a point where you have to declare yourself "finished", even if you know there are still issues.

At the end, you have to decide "this is good enough". And this decision is made by the creator itself, and by the consumer. Sometimes they disagree.
It dosent work like that everywhere, even in the game market...and where it dosent, those companies tend to eat everbodys lunch (Blizzard, Bioware).
Also, dont think that letting QA be the gatekeeper=zero bugs...but QA is the group that knows when the game has reached a certain level of overall smoothness and, go figure, quality...letting anyone else decide when to ship is just bass ackwards and wrong.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Please allow me to comment here.

HTML Tags in hail: This has not been in the game for some time. If you have actively seen this yourself, then please report it. After talking to the community both in game and on the German forums however the HTML issue was resolved and has since not appeared.

The text you see in sector space on sector borders is not a localization issue, you will sadly also see it in the English client.
The signs in bases are related to this issue and can be seen in the English client as well.

The new issue in which you see rows of "T's" in the interface is being looked at, but I would ask you to please keep the issue to one thread instead of trying to cross-link.

Thanks much!
wish, my post wasnt meant to slight you, but to find out weither the translated versions also get a looking at in the QA process.
and the html tags already being fixed i pointed out.

it also might help you personally if soneone told you that they tried to fix this or that and now theres something wrong.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:24 AM.