Lt. Commander
Hey all. So just purchased ST Online(digital download). I installed the game and started it up. It downloaded a patch, then I logged in & made myself a character. No problems there, but as soon as I tried go into the gameplay it froze at the loading screen.

Looked online and decided I needed to update my drivers. I did so and started the game again. This time when I start up the game, my character's image doesn't appear on the character elect screen. I try going in to the gameplay anyways, and now no problems at the load screen, and the intro movie plays, but all the textures are missing(I think?) and there is a black square in the middle of my view. Once I get into the actual gameplay, things are similarly wacky. Here are some screen caps:

http://imgur.com/yDBwo.jpg

http://imgur.com/9rVi6.jpg

I tried a fresh install but no help. Any thoughts?

My system is:
-Intel 965 Express Chip
-Intel Core Duo 1.83ghz processor
-4gigs ram
-Windows Vista 64 bit
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2010, 03:20 AM
if even with latest drivers you having no success pop out and buy a 60 (100+) on a vga card

i dont think your intergrated intel 965 is cutting the mustard
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2010, 05:57 AM
You didn't check the minimum specs did you? Your intel chipset is well below the minimum graphics needed to run this game.

I'm guessing that you're using a laptop - so upgrading is nigh on impossible.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splyce View Post
You didn't check the minimum specs did you? Your intel chipset is well below the minimum graphics needed to run this game.

I'm guessing that you're using a laptop - so upgrading is nigh on impossible.
Well, have never had a problem running any games before. And odd that updating the drivers made the problem worse. Oh well, digital version was only $30, guess I wasn't meant to play this game heh.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOrpheus
Well, have never had a problem running any games before. And odd that updating the drivers made the problem worse. Oh well, digital version was only $30, guess I wasn't meant to play this game heh.
I'm sure you had Crysis and Far Cry 2 running just great on it, maybe a little Bioshock 2 and Dragon Age......... or perhaps not. I'm surprised you can play any game released within the past 1-2 years on a 965 chipset.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-15-2010, 03:24 PM
LOL. For the non-geeks in the audience: integrated graphics suck.

Also they do make laptops with decent GPUs. If yours says "Intel integrated", it ain't one of them.