Lt. Commander
# 1 Why can't I see my debuffs
03-01-2010, 08:03 PM
This is going to suck in the STFs, but when a Borg hits me with the shield dropping torpedo, it keeps going after my shields are down. Why don't HoTs or DoTs show up on my buffs and debuffs bar? Why am I not allowed to know how long these last? It's going to make healing a real pain to have to do signal contacts in a control group with a stopwatch in hand just so i can jot down notes on how long these debuffs last so I know when its useful to call for heals and/or hit emergency power to shields.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2010, 03:22 AM
Yeah if there's a way to view self-debuffs I'd really like to know it. I can see enemy buffs, I can see enemy debuffs, I can see self-buffs...but when I get hit by VM or anything else, it would be nice to see the indicator above my shields.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2010, 10:26 AM
A lot off buffs and debuffs don't show up.

In particular, the proc effects of weapons don't always show up. That's why I use plasma. I almost always see the other guy burning, even when there is no icon.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-09-2010, 10:16 AM
This needs to be done. No reason to provide counter abilities or cures if you cannot see what is going on that needs curing in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB4
This needs to be done. No reason to provide counter abilities or cures if you cannot see what is going on that needs curing in the first place.
I agree. Some of the borg debuffs I noticed require you to use sci team while other require you to use engineering team.

Heck, at one point I think I was boarded! All of my action buttons had random cool downs! If I wasn't a Recon Science vessel, I would have never had Tac Team standing by. Like wise, I would have never known to use it if it wasn't for my knowledge of the ability.

On a side not, when you are afflicted with a debuff or your ally is afflicted with a debuff, would we have the counter ability light up? kinda like how how when you have an exploit attack on some one your exploit attack lights up? I think by now most people should know how to deal with Viral Matrix, but there are other abilities that might help others that they don't know about.

It would also be a good Em-nemonic device to help newer players know how to counter abilities. It's simple Pea-sychology.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowombat View Post
This is going to suck in the STFs, but when a Borg hits me with the shield dropping torpedo, it keeps going after my shields are down. Why don't HoTs or DoTs show up on my buffs and debuffs bar? Why am I not allowed to know how long these last? It's going to make healing a real pain to have to do signal contacts in a control group with a stopwatch in hand just so i can jot down notes on how long these debuffs last so I know when its useful to call for heals and/or hit emergency power to shields.
Agreed. Defuff timers all around.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-11-2010, 02:09 AM
It seems like many buffs and debuffs that use to show no longer show.

A few of the generic space vessels will sometimes employ metaphasic shielding. That icon no longer displays.

When I'm hit by a weapon proc, that does not display.

When I hit the enemy with a weapon proc it will usually not display an icon but I will often see my enemy is on fire when I use plasma beam, though the plasma torps will sometimes give me an icon but no fire.

This needs to be looked at. This can not be ignored much longer, especially with more raids coming out soon!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-16-2010, 09:55 AM
haven't had time to look around on tribble, but did they fix any of the buff icons?