Lt. Commander
# 11
03-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp_Hazzard
I'm a little slow sometimes. It took me reading this at this time to realize that there was indeed a good reason for more BOs than you have stations.

Thank you.
You can also have specialty BOs. . For instance,I have BO's for when I fight Borg on the ground, and for fighting Borg in space for my RA5 Tac/RSV character. I swap out one of my Eng BO for a Science BO speced for healing. And a BO's that are spec'ed to heal my Ships' hull. FWIW, when fighting Borg in space wave bye-bye to your shields.
Ensign
# 12
03-23-2014, 02:27 PM
Can someone tell me why my officer candidates are unuseble? I purchased an engineering officer and all they can do is train my current officers. This make NO sense. Why does this need to be so damn difficult. I purchased an upgraded ship, I have an open slot but no way to put an officer in it. Any ideas? The more I play the morebugs I find in this game...
Republic Veteran
# 13
03-23-2014, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtraxx View Post
Can someone tell me why my officer candidates are unusable? I purchased an engineering officer and all they can do is train my current officers. This make NO sense. Why does this need to be so damn difficult. I purchased an upgraded ship, I have an open slot but no way to put an officer in it. Any ideas? The more I play the more bugs I find in this game...
Most likely you do not have enough "open" Bridge officer positions ... You can only have a limited number depending on your Rank.
Each time you gain a rank you will gain an extra "Open" bridge officer "slot" which allows you to "commission" a new bridge officer.

You basically gain 1 BO slot at each rank, and under "normal" circumstances this will more or less equal the number of BO's the game gives you, however you may find that you will get a candidate before you reach the next rank, but you can either "save" them by clicking "not now" and they remain a "candidate" (on the right hand side of your "station" tab, or if you really want or need a different class BO, you can "discharge" one of your current ones to make room for the new one.

Some BO candidates come with extra "Tier III" versions of skills, that you can only get randomly, so sometime "using them up" to train a current BO is an option.
Also you can purchase extra BO "slots" from the in game "C-Store" to allow even a Lt to have 5 BO's and you don't loose those extra slots as you rank up.
Please ... Make it so ...!
Captain
# 14
03-23-2014, 05:22 PM
You can get any race for a bridge officer. I have a Saurian tactical officer that I received as an award after on of the missions.

I have kept all my original bridge officers (Boffs). Since the is no limit on how any skill points you can receive for your Boffs I simply maxed out everything. I currently have over 1 million skill points for Boffs; I think they are referred to as Expertise XP; EXP. I have a bunch of Boff candidates that I have not bothered with yet.

There is a max of 6 free slots for your Boffs. I forgot if that at captain or rear admiral. You can purchase additional slots, but I don't the limit.
Captain
# 15
03-24-2014, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
I thought it might be nice to see if anyone wanted to put together a thread "Helpful Hints" for new people regarding how to begin the game with your bridge officers. Being someone whom likes to start with a full contingent of blue officers (easilly done. it's an ego thing) I wondered what other people's feelings were on this matter.
Depends on faction and what you want, I guess.

KDF & Rom can do well right away. KDF just buy cheap blue naussicians with good ground traits right away, throw the ones they give you out the airlock. Rom, some of the starters have operative and the ones you can choose also sometimes have it... pretty easy to get all of your core officers with operative, maybe 1 will be basic, maybe 1 will be superior but they should all have at least a version of it right off. Trick for rom is to have a second set of ground warriors if your space guys do not also have good ground traits. FEDS ... just use what they give you and replace as you can for free with DO missions etc; you got nothing for space and ground guys are a dime a dozen.
Captain
# 16
03-24-2014, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtraxx View Post
Can someone tell me why my officer candidates are unuseble? I purchased an engineering officer and all they can do is train my current officers. This make NO sense. Why does this need to be so damn difficult. I purchased an upgraded ship, I have an open slot but no way to put an officer in it. Any ideas? The more I play the morebugs I find in this game...
To help confirm:

You have a limit as to how many "active" Bridge OFFicers (BOffs) determined by your level and status (Gold-Lifer/Silver-F2P). This limit can be increased with a C-store purchase of about 500 zen or so...

Once that limit is reached, you cannot commission any further BOffs. Right now, you seem to be at your limit.

On the same note, your ship has Y many BOff stations of pre-determined rank and class...

At this moment, it seems that your limited staff does not match your seating - for example, you might have 2 tactical BOffs, a Science BOff, and an engineer BOff, but if you bought a cruiser you have 2 engineering stations, a science station, and a tactical station. That second Tactical BOff cannot sit in the engineering station for "obvious" reasons...

There are two "cures" for this situation - option 1 is to "buy" a bridge officer slot expansion, giving you 2 new slots to activate BOffs - so that that new BOff you want can be activated. You can also examine your current BOffs, find one that's "extra", and dismiss him, freeing up the slot to commission the BOff you do want. If you are going this second route, remember to strip all gear off the BOff, otherwise it goes away with the BOff.

Of course, the game does not help explain these limits or attempt to present you with "appropriate" BOffs after the first three...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Captain
# 17
03-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Wow, worst zombie thread I've seen in awhile - this one was dead and buried for 4 years until someone went and raised the thing.
Ensign
# 18 Help
03-24-2014, 08:46 PM
HOd do i get to see the interior of my ship?
Captain
# 19
03-25-2014, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingtiger01 View Post
HOd do i get to see the interior of my ship?
it would be great if you could stay on topic in the future, but you get there with the drop down menu in the lower corner of your mini-map. One of the choices is to visit your starship (and if you have one, shuttle) bridge. Some ships have an extensive interior, and some ships just have one round room with a bank shoved up against the wall....
Ensign
i have an open ensign engineering spot on my ship and have bridge officers in my pool but the game tells me i have no room for my klingon engineer.. any idea y??