Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 B'Tran Cluster Issue
03-14-2010, 07:13 PM
I've noticed that on several planets/missions in this area that you're supposedly beaming down to either an "uninhabited" or "iron age technology" planet to investigate various things. Problem is, there's borg technology all over the place and even laced throughout the ground.

Now I understand that environments and even mission dialogues at this point in the game's life have to be recycled until new content is added, but I thought it might be worth investigating as a gesture of attention to detail.

Examples of this include (but are not limited to):

-Planet Rho Trianguli CF-247 (by the way, scannable anomalies are also stuck inside the ground here)
-Planet Lambda Scorpii 9521-V
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2010, 12:17 PM
An annoyance I have is this. There are 2 missions to be done in B'Tran. The first is the regular "Explore" quest to obtain 5th order badges of exploration. The second is the "Daily" for the 5 marks of whatever to purchase the high-end purple equipment. If I talk to the contact that hands out these missions and accept both at the same time I cannot repeat the "Explore" quest... until tomorrow!. Yes, the daily for the 5 marks and purple gear should be once per day, but not the "Explore" quest for 5th order badges. Basically what happens is, if I accept both missions at the same time I cannot talk to the contact until the following day. The contact simply does not show up in the contact list. However, if I accept and complete the daily followed by accepting and completing the "explore", or vice versa, the contact remains available and I can repeat the "explore" mission as many times as I want. The daily though, is not repeatable as intended.

To sum this up, the contact that hands out the "Explore" mission needs to be available to hand out the "Explore" mission no matter what.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Corsai, when you see missions like this (mission descriptions don't match environment or NPCs, etc.), please submit Bug Reports on it and include your ticket numbers. That way we can investigate further.

Galtrovan, I've passed your report over to QA to investigate. Thanks for telling us about that!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana
Corsai, when you see missions like this (mission descriptions don't match environment or NPCs, etc.), please submit Bug Reports on it and include your ticket numbers. That way we can investigate further.

Galtrovan, I've passed your report over to QA to investigate. Thanks for telling us about that!
are you guys going to add more interesting plots to the Genesis engine for unique races like the Borg/Undine?

why do I never warp into a system and find a civilian colony in the middle of a Borg/Undine battle and I have to rescue the colonists and defeat both the Borg AND Undine? it's always just a single enemy and the storylines get quite boring after a while doing the same ones.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-15-2010, 06:29 PM
I repeated the test again tonight. Took both missions. Handed both in for the rewards. Karbo removed himself from the contact list. Something I did not try last night though, I can return to the USS Victory to get a hold of Karbo.

Another contact that disappears is 4-of-10 that hands out the DSE Borg encounters in Gamma Orionis. I can zone a couple of times to get her back though. But still, it's annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-15-2010, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
I repeated the test again tonight. Took both missions. Handed both in for the rewards. Karbo removed himself from the contact list. Something I did not try last night though, I can return to the USS Victory to get a hold of Karbo.

Another contact that disappears is 4-of-10 that hands out the DSE Borg encounters in Gamma Orionis. I can zone a couple of times to get her back though. But still, it's annoying.

Contacts only completely disappear when they no longer have any missions and / or information for you.

However, Karbo and 4 of 10 both usually only vanish temporarely, as there is a cooldown timer of 30 minutes from mission pickup on both the Exploration Mission and the DSE Mission.

In other words, if you pick up, for example, the DSE mission, finish it within less than 30 minutes and turn it in, 4 of 10 vanishes from your contact list until the 30 minutes are up. Same goes for Karbo.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-15-2010, 11:49 PM
You have to wait at least 30 minutes to Contact Lt. Karbo for another B'Tran Exploration mission.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Honestly, I forgot about the 30 minute cool down on DSE missions, mainly due to the fact that I have never been able to do 3 DSE in less the 30 minutes. The Borg DSE may be an exception though. Unlike other DSE, people stick around during the intermission so the instance is raring to go at launch. Last night when I entered the DSE for the first time there 2 minutes left before start. This with two 6 minute intermissions for the following two DSE accounts for 14 of the 30 minutes. It's definitely possible to finish a borg DSE every 5 minutes.

The explore mission on the other hand, I can't buy into the 30 minute cool down. I always solo them. I cannot imagine doing 3 systems is less than 30 minutes. I would have to have back-to-back 'scan anomaly" missions to do that. Last night I had a scan anomaly, investigate a base ground mission, where I had to case the entire base twice (due to the way the mission is scripted), and then a space battle against 5 or 6 waves of ships.

The explore mission will be easy enough to test again. I'll ensure I take longer than 30 minutes to explore 3 systems and see what happens. If I take longer than 30 minutes, Karbo should not disappear.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-Starfire
Contacts only completely disappear when they no longer have any missions and / or information for you.

However, Karbo and 4 of 10 both usually only vanish temporarely, as there is a cooldown timer of 30 minutes from mission pickup on both the Exploration Mission and the DSE Mission.

In other words, if you pick up, for example, the DSE mission, finish it within less than 30 minutes and turn it in, 4 of 10 vanishes from your contact list until the 30 minutes are up. Same goes for Karbo.
Something is not right. I did both B'Tran quests at the same time again tonight. However, I accepted the "Explore" mission last night before bed. So, the "Explore" mission was handed in somewhere around 17 hours after it was accepted. It should have been available upon handing it in, but it was not. I had to wait 30 minutes AFTER I handed it in before I could take it again.

Per my prior post, I did this yesterday night too. And the above is not what went down yesterday.