Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 B'Tran Cluster Mission
03-16-2010, 05:43 PM
This isn't exactly a bug, more as a very poor mission description.

I went to do one of the B'Tran Cluster enemy confrontation missions, and the text from the planetary government stated that the Borg were supplying weapons to the opposing side. And now I need to go and whack a few Borg ships.

The problem here is, the Borg don't take sides. They come in, assimilate the entire population, and move on. I suspect that in this case the species involved is a variable, and it decided to pull Borg at random.

I'm fine with these types of missions pulling the enemy species at random, but if it the information for why you are fighting a specific species doesn't properly fit, it shouldn't pull them.

Now I'm not much of a coder, but I would think a small bit of code on mission text of this nature to exclude certain species would not be too difficult.

Again, this isn't game breaking, cause for me to quit, or even really a bug, just one of those little annoyances that jumps out at you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Whenever you see a strange mission description like this, please submit a Bug Report so we can follow up. Posting the number here will help us look it up quickly.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-16-2010, 05:48 PM
Unfortunately I ran into that mission the other day, and just wanted to get it done and go to bed, normally I'd have done exactly what you said.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana
Whenever you see a strange mission description like this, please submit a Bug Report so we can follow up. Posting the number here will help us look it up quickly.

Thanks!
If it's an enemy confrontation and the Borg, the mission always starts with a Borg ship in distress. I feel it's not right from again, the lore perspective.

I also encountered a ground mission in the cluster, where - after the 3 "access computer"s and around 15 dead Borg - I found out that the underground facility I just cleared was for the Borg analyzing a pre-warp civilisation on the planet. Again, I guess these Borg are not the ones we used to.

I'll bug them next time then.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabubu
This isn't exactly a bug, more as a very poor mission description.

I went to do one of the B'Tran Cluster enemy confrontation missions, and the text from the planetary government stated that the Borg were supplying weapons to the opposing side. And now I need to go and whack a few Borg ships.

The problem here is, the Borg don't take sides. They come in, assimilate the entire population, and move on. I suspect that in this case the species involved is a variable, and it decided to pull Borg at random.

I'm fine with these types of missions pulling the enemy species at random, but if it the information for why you are fighting a specific species doesn't properly fit, it shouldn't pull them.

Now I'm not much of a coder, but I would think a small bit of code on mission text of this nature to exclude certain species would not be too difficult.

Again, this isn't game breaking, cause for me to quit, or even really a bug, just one of those little annoyances that jumps out at you.
Yeah I got one the other day where the Borg disavowed any knowledge of their "rogue fleet" carrying out some piracy. I reported it, but what a funny mental image.

WE ARE BORG. YOU WILL BE...WHAT?...NUH-UH, THAT WASN'T US. WE DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T BELIEVE US? RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.