Lt. Commander
# 1 Time to surrender?
03-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Recommend the main Klingon faction fleets get together and ask Cryptic for terms of surrender.

We could not be beaten by the Fedrats, Romulans or Borg, but against the unfeeling and unthinking Cryptic there is no defense.

The 45-day update makes it crystal clear that Klingons are not a major faction in STO and that Klingons will only get 3rd class treatment. They should rename the game Federation Online and let us get on with our pathetic existance as a monster faction.

Any terms short of species enslavement or extinction should be accepted.

As a bargaining tool we could ask for reduced monthly premiums to go along with our reduced level of content. Call it an even $5/month to play Klingon faction.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Brilliant idea. I think you should surrender.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-17-2010, 09:47 AM
agreed, its totaly pathetic to think a game like this would be favored by one race , when its clear that people want more than just the federation.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-17-2010, 09:50 AM
It's a fair point and i think it reflects the mood of the klingon players at the moment. Seeing federation get yet more races and uniforms when we lack those options at all is a real kick in the teeth.

There should be one combined faction, in my opinion, with shared content.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-17-2010, 09:51 AM
What you should do is ask Cryptic to have the federation conquer the klingons in an upcoming expansion and have the KDF merged into starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
What you should do is ask Cryptic to have the federation conquer the klingons in an upcoming expansion and have the KDF merged into starfleet.
that shouldnt have to be, then what happens to roms and other factions , same thing ?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-17-2010, 10:06 AM
According to everyone in this thread, since Klingons do not have PVE content now, we won't ever be getting it so we should just give up.

So, following that logic, we should just be the biggest province in the federation emprire and get the same content as them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Or simply give Klingons an option to 'defect' to Federation. You get a one time option to switch faction, you transfer to another faction with your rank,ship and crew. Problem solved.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-17-2010, 10:26 AM
allthough wouldnt it be funny as hell to see buttloads if not 3/4 klingon playing fed rofl, talk about overtaking a faction .
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-17-2010, 10:43 AM
While I can empathize with your position that the KDF is getting second-rate treatment, I find the defeatist attitude of the vocal minority to be rather melodramatic. Did you really sign up to be a Klingon because you wanted pretty faces and extra races? Because you expected more to the "PvP-centric faction" than PvP?

From where I stand, the Klingon empire is delivering the content I want just fine. Short PvP queues, adequate character advancement, and access to major endgame content as is it released (currently STFs). I don't harbor any delusions that a company in triage mode ISN'T going to do what benefits the most players first. Do you have some odd sense of entitlement that leads you to believe otherwise?

PvP is the soul of the Klingon game. That Klingons receive equal access to major new PvE content (STFs at release) is simply a welcome bonus. As long as the PvP experience itself gets attention and upgrades in due time, and Klingon access to it remains adequate, I believe I will continue to find it sufficient. If it does not, I will adapt or depart.

When it comes down to it, you have the same options. If you really feel so compelled to make a big preachy deal of the issue, then at least have some concrete demands. What IS it that you want, specifically, that Cryptic can provide in a resource-efficient manner? If it is Klingon-specific, how would you justify the allocation of writers, designers, and coders to a project that only perhaps 15% of the playerbase will ever see?

Either way, enough with the sensationalism and whining. I've seen perfectly decent posts from several of you, so I know you're capable of making them. This pitiful cry for attention, however, is not one of them.