Lt. Commander
# 11
03-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seliak View Post
Proof ..........................

But i have to give you credit for the originality of your attempt
Guys, not trying to prove anything....jesus....what do want..address ? phone numbers? KNow what ..dont know why I bothered, Ill finish it on my own

Thought this would be an open place to get some opinons without getting ousted like the rest of the forums
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-17-2010, 10:53 AM
hhmmm.....a sample of 61 is a very small sample to actually draw real conclusions from.

I'm assuming the paper was primarily for another purpose rather than "how popular is STO?"

Too bad you happened to get a bad sample to work from.

oh and .....Marmalade!

:p
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
Guys, not trying to prove anything....jesus....what do want..address ? phone numbers? KNow what ..dont know why I bothered, Ill finish it on my own

Thought this would be an open place to get some opinons without getting ousted like the rest of the forums
We are very open here. So much that most don't bother to post here or run off screaming shortly after they do. But it is always in good fun. Just go blank and look at the situation from the 3rd person and you will survive.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
We are very open here. So much that most don't bother to post here or run off screaming shortly after they do. But it is always in good fun. Just go blank and look at the situation from the 3rd person and you will survive.

AHHHH!

*runs to another thread*

:p MEEP! MEEP!
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharperifle View Post
hhmmm.....a sample of 61 is a very small sample to actually draw real conclusions from.

I'm assuming the paper was primarily for another purpose rather than "how popular is STO?"

Too bad you happened to get a bad sample to work from.

oh and .....Marmalade!

:p
Yeah it had nothing to do with this game in particular...just a f___ing assignment I thought would be fun... Should have really known better than to post it

I will state now for the record, it was in NO WAY an attempt to insult the community or the game, I was surprised they all quit, thought I would post it here, get some reaction and put it in my conclution...but w/e

EDIT: sure Ill cotinue to get ripped for spelling...or God knows what ....so doubt Ill even read it
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Yeah it had nothing to do with this game in particular...just a f___ing assignment I thought would be fun... Should have really known better than to post it

I will state now for the record, it was in NO WAY an attempt to insult the community or the game, I was surprised they all quit, thought I would post it here, get some reaction and put it in my conclution...but w/e

EDIT: sure Ill cotinue to get ripped for spelling...or God knows what ....so doubt Ill even read it
You got a reaction from Chat... Well technically you didn't but ehh...
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Sorry man but a lot of the people around here are 4chan rejects. I go there from time to time but I certainly don't try to spread that blight of the internet around. They think they are funny or original by using that crap on other sites or in real life.
I'm surprised someone didn't ask to see a shoe on your head or a sharpie up your ???
What is so unbelievable about someone writing a paper on an mmo anyway? How big of a group did you expect him to get? 300? over 9000?
I am all for satire but not in every single post on every single board by every single user.
What I will say about 4chan, people were always complaining about the "cancer killing /b/" when /b/ was the cancer that spread to the rest of the site turning it into 1 big unoriginal satirical piece of trash. And it continues spreading ruining other places where that crap honestly doesn't belong.
But then "anonymous is legion" and doesn't care about such trivialities even when it has a user name.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsakenlight View Post
Sorry man but a lot of the people around here are 4chan rejects. I go there from time to time but I certainly don't try to spread that blight of the internet around. They think they are funny or original by using that crap on other sites or in real life.
I'm surprised someone didn't ask to see a shoe on your head or a sharpie up your ???
What is so unbelievable about someone writing a paper on an mmo anyway? How big of a group did you expect him to get? 300? over 9000?
I am all for satire but not in every single post on every single board by every single user.
What I will say about 4chan, people were always complaining about the "cancer killing /b/" when /b/ was the cancer that spread to the rest of the site turning it into 1 big unoriginal satirical piece of trash. And it continues spreading ruining other places where that crap honestly doesn't belong.
But then "anonymous is legion" and doesn't care about such trivialities even when it has a user name.
What?

Lt. Commander
# 19
03-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:

Well I actually I AM kinda interested in what you got from them for their reasons.

I mean was it just that they didn't like the game, didn't like it enough to pay a monthly fee, liked it but the next shiny came out, liked it but couldn't afford the monthly fee?

What was your age range too....was it mostly college kids early 20's?

Did you check to see what Trek they liked aside from just calling themselves Trekkies?

Hell I'd love to see your questionaire....I'm a prcedural geek in some ways....I read an article about how some kid got his school to buy bottled water through a science experiement for speech class....and I spent about three paragraphs ripping his protocols when everyone was praising his "science" skills.

But yeah in all seriousness we'd need to know a lot more than "all played then all quit" to really draw conclusions.

But then I guess thats what your paper is really for then isn't it?
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Your experiment was pretty **** poor.

You didn't have mixed groups including non-trekkies and if I thought on it harder I could probly pick it apart some more