Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
03-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Tbh the Klingon Carrier is too op. The Feds need a OP ship (:
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Well, considering it just got nerfed, you`ll need to look elsewhere for your "op" ship.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-18-2010, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian_Rain
Yes, because Battleships make so much more sense for an organization out for peace.

And since when is being in a snub fighter a suicide mission? Thanks to aircraft the hayday of battleships is over. And since your banging the canon bell, go look at the Star Trek game for the playstation. Seem to recall that being a game ONLY about fighters.
you are right a pure battle ship is also out of line, i was merely exulting joy over the excalibur class.

i never stated that any game was canon or not, i stated that fighters does not make sense the way the star trek universe has been portrayed so far. the vast majority of the vessels shown are big ships with massive fire power. i have a hard time imagining what fighters can do that drones cant? most of the races in star trek conform to the large and powerful vessels, because star trek was meant to be the renaissance in space....

another reason not to have the carrier is that each faction needs to have something unique otherwise they simply become palette swaps of each other. if we are going to get something new then i would rather have a battleship instead of a carrier, because its something that the klingons dont have.

the two factions should be balanced put play differently, otherwise there is no point in rolling a new character for the opposing faction. or even having an opposing faction
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-18-2010, 06:56 AM
Sorry folks, the Federation has battleships.

Take a look at the U.S.S Victory for proof of this simple fact. Battleships are for war, the Federation is AT war thus battleships are coming.

The time of the peaceful naive Federation ended at Wolf 359 and the Dominion War.

End of Story.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-18-2010, 07:12 AM
Thank you, I'd gladly trade my Luna for a Battleship especially if I had science stations where i could still use m science powers.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-18-2010, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karek View Post
yes i am with you dude give us the real excalibur class!!

oh and on topic; please no federation carrier it doesn't make any sense for the federation even to have fighters....for an organisation that values sentient life above all else it makes no sense that they would send lone individuals out on suicide missions, as well as having a vessel that has no other purpose other than war.

people have to remember that this is star trek not battle star galactica, star wars or any other sci fi, it is trek and content should only be implemented within those confines.
I thought there we fighters used in DS9 during the Battle against the Founders.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reclusive46 View Post
Tbh the Klingon Carrier is too op. The Feds need a OP ship (:
Have you flown a carrier, there rubbish.
I's much prefer a fed science ship over a klingon carrier anyday.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Yeaaa, right... Because science ships do soooo much damage to people when they run high aux. Oh wait, they don't only carriers completely ignore weapons power setting.
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-18-2010, 10:49 AM
I think feds should have carriers. When the weapon power level on a torpedo makes no difference on how much dmg it can do, 10 fighters firing torpedo salvos against a ship whose shields are down is going to kill it imo.
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurrican View Post
I think feds should have carriers. When the weapon power level on a torpedo makes no difference on how much dmg it can do, 10 fighters firing torpedo salvos against a ship whose shields are down is going to kill it imo.
I want to see a COUNTER to these tactics not a replication of them.
How about a Command Ship with Team Buffs like 'Attack Formation X'
and Point Defense weapons that can easily target and automatically fire on Torpedo's, Mines, Fighters etc