Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-15-2010, 03:49 AM
Yeah. I had to ait 4.5 years for something as deep and dynamic as the pre CU SWG. Now people are going to ruin this one two. Soon we will get to pick our toon from a picture of Kirk, Sisko or Janeway and Kang, Kor or Kruge with a set of abilities al ready for us to unlock at each level, which mean squat and destroy any individuality or having to make choices and sacrifices for what we want.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivian View Post
I played EVE from Beta to 2006..I have seen many changes in that game from my days in Curse Alliance and I always hated shooting at red Xs and I agree with your statement.

I also want to try and say something positive about the Old SWG players that are still bitter over the CU/NGE patchs and changes...but I really can't...other than to say..

You guys need to let that go. seriously!! Really? are you going to come to a new game and new company thats hosting it and complain that it ISN'T swg heavy? swg light?

I was a terror in EvE back in the day when I could fly Battleship Solos...deadly in fleet and gank squads...5 man gank squads...Ravan battleship was the king of pvp and they changed soo many times but I always made tactics and mod changes to keep up....I never complained about it....I didn't quit and cry for 6 or so years....

MOVE ON! GET OVER IT! Please so we don't have to listen to you guys whinning anymore....better yet go back and play SWG and harrass them on their forums...

good luck with that
I think you misunderstood the OP's post. He is not here to whine about SWG, he is worried that all the whining on these forums will cause the game to become bland and simplistic, comparing it to a similar chain of events that ruined SWG for many players. Say what you want, but CU, and NGE especially, ruined SWG and caused massive subscription cancellations. I think it is safe to say nobody wants the same thing to happen with ST:O.

You can move on, and get over it, but you can't forget it.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

If you want to tell people to stop whining, tell that to all the people on these boards who can't be bothered to devise their own tactics and just want a vanilla flavored, everybody is the same, nobody has an advantage game.
Lt. Commander
# 13 um NO
03-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
That being said, STO is perceived as Sci-Fi game set in a Sci-Fi setting...magical spells and abilities that Stun Lock and Root Star Ships have no place in here.
Sorry, but you're wrong, dead wrong actually.
Brine Energy Dampening Weapon, DS9, 1st encounter with them, That weapon alone ravaged the combined fleets of the Federation, Klingons, and Romulans.

Tractor Beams - Meant to hold any object in place, tow it behind the ship, or otherwise enforce some form of control over it. (if you recall, it was used many times to hold a smaller ship still, so the bigger ship could blast it, or force a surrender/ceasefire due to the end result of nullfication of mobility

Subsystem Targeting - Federation used this multiple times to disable a ship, either by destroying the engines, or weapon systems, even vs the borg on the tractor beam emitters. Also was used vs shield generators in DS9 episodes

Pick a Pulse (Nadian, or whever) - To disable some advantage an opponent had over them, either disabling a defensive system, weapon system, or tactical system. Either way, was used vs almost every MAJOR threat facing the federation, like the Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-17-2010, 04:23 PM
I hope not.And put that darn nerf bat away and learn what works best for you.As a ground pounder i get held,rooted,and vaporized quite often.However seventy per cent of the time,the Klinks(my PvP main) win despite all this.Now im watching feddies run back to their friends as i approach.I just smile and continue coming.LMAO!
Give it three more months before crying for the nerf bat.