Lt. Commander
# 11
03-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResinIlluminati View Post
I don't know what Genesis is but if you devs were to impliment these ideas, dear god, you would make a lot of people so very happy. Please think about this.
Best explanation about Genesis by Daniel Stahl himself :

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs.cfm?isap...09/4006&bhcp=1

It could be a powerful tool, unfortunately Cryptic "barely scratched the surface" (Zinc's words) for now.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-16-2010, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
One more excellent post by MacAllen, thanks for the reading : since close beta, you suggested great ideas constantly.
Thank you for the kind words

Most of these were in my closed beta wish lists, but they're archived and gone so I thought I'd put something fresh out here. This is my goal, my "religion" I'm going to be pushing the devs for. This is what the AE in CoH should have been, a limitless supply of *GOOD* content.

I'd happily sit down with a level design tool kit and put templates together for them just for the chance to see them live.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-16-2010, 09:32 PM
I was going to write a long post in response to yours, but then I realized that it would just boil down to this:

Once again you've made an excellent and well thought-out post, and I agree with everything you've said MacAllen.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-16-2010, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macallen View Post
Thank you for the kind words

Most of these were in my closed beta wish lists, but they're archived and gone so I thought I'd put something fresh out here. This is my goal, my "religion" I'm going to be pushing the devs for. This is what the AE in CoH should have been, a limitless supply of *GOOD* content.

I'd happily sit down with a level design tool kit and put templates together for them just for the chance to see them live.
Same here. Give me a tool to get ideas out there in a format they can use easily and I could spend hours on it
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-16-2010, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Same here. Give me a tool to get ideas out there in a format they can use easily and I could spend hours on it
The secret is to let us do it, but don't let us see each other's stuff. We just submit them, as templates, and the devs go over them (or get volunteers to help). The biggest problems with the AE in CoH were:
1. Zero quality control
2. MASSIVE amounts of detritus
3. Ineffective rating system

These 3 combined to make decent content impossible to find and just bringing up the AE list was demoralizing. The solution is letting us submit templates, concepts, story ideas into a black box, then choosing people who's opinions you value (10, 50, 100, however many), people who you know will rate things in the manner you require, then have the devs sort through the top 5%, based upon the ratings. No player information is available to the raters, and no one ever rates their own stuff, so it's a "blind" rating system. That gives the greatest value.

100% voluntary, leverages the player base as a resource without risking the rest of the customer base.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-17-2010, 07:00 AM
OP was worth the read. Genesis content should be the future of STO and was its most exciting component when the game was announced.

I REALLY like the idea for custom tailored missions based on your captain or BOFF races.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-17-2010, 12:06 PM
I definitely support all that's been offered and discussed in this thread. Sadly though, threads like these lie dormant or worse yet, archived and seldom blossom into in-game mechanics. Hopefully someone on the Dev team will read this and perhaps get some ideas.

I can wait.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-17-2010, 03:49 PM
I teared up a little bit while I read this because it was so beautiful. Implementation of these ideas would increase my enjoyment of this game more than I can possibly explain. I am in the same boat as OP right now with 3 RA5's and nothing to do on them. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but these ideas are genius.