Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
With the realease of some decent pve elements available to klingons I just want you all to know that I will be leveling a Klingon toon. Alot of you are posting about the death of the faction but every patch will breathe new life into it. You don't seem to see the big picture.

Strict pvp play only apeals to a small group of your player base. It's no wonder why the klingons had so few players. I tried it and I would rather gouge my eyes out with a dull spoon. I like pvp, but I don't like pvp ALL the time. A few of you post how klingon players get lost somewhere between t2 and t5. I have no doubt that it is the reason. Hats off to those hardcore players who leveled pvp the whole way. I know that isn't for me.

I just want to give you some hope that if I am looking to play klingon now, that perhaps more fed players will be changing over to the empire. I think with every content release they will draw more and more players to the other side. I doubt it will ever be 50/50, the federation is simply too popular.

Regards
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-18-2010, 06:52 AM
I am one of those that are in wait for PvE content for Klingons until I will play them. I want to be able to chose what I wanna do for the moment between PvP and PvE, 1 style of play is to limiting and I rather not want to swap sides to do one or the other.
There is so much cool Klingon history / warfare and politics about so making PvE content that is interesting ought to be easy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-18-2010, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave111
With the realease of some decent pve elements available to klingons I just want you all to know that I will be leveling a Klingon toon. Alot of you are posting about the death of the faction but every patch will breathe new life into it. You don't seem to see the big picture.

Strict pvp play only apeals to a small group of your player base. It's no wonder why the klingons had so few players. I tried it and I would rather gouge my eyes out with a dull spoon. I like pvp, but I don't like pvp ALL the time. A few of you post how klingon players get lost somewhere between t2 and t5. I have no doubt that it is the reason. Hats off to those hardcore players who leveled pvp the whole way. I know that isn't for me.

I just want to give you some hope that if I am looking to play klingon now, that perhaps more fed players will be changing over to the empire. I think with every content release they will draw more and more players to the other side. I doubt it will ever be 50/50, the federation is simply too popular.

Regards
Calling us all drama queens for us watching a faction with hundreds get ripped down to 50 or so , thats a smart idea dave111.

You are going go far on this side I can tell , now maybe if you shut your mouth and lvl to General we "might" forgive the dishonor you have shown.Like I said there are about 50 of us generals and we all know each other this isnt Fedside where you can talk smack and get away with it you get blackballed this side your fighting feds for 4 weeks by yourself. mmmmmmhhh 10 vs 1's are fun.

So I suggest you shut up lvl then show us you can fight and we will go from there.

regards

The BEAR
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-18-2010, 07:13 AM
The big picture?
Cryptic's concept for the Klingon faction has been a failure upto this point.
Notice the lack of Devs in this forum.
The lack of interaction with players (unlike the other subforums in the last few weeks.)
I've yet to here a guarantee from Cryptic for PvE Episodic content for Klingons.
I've yet to see Cryptic act in an innovative way to stem the continueing loss of dedicated Klingon players.
The upcoming PvE content which is re-work of Fed content is generally regarded as BORING by most players.
We still await the Cryptic admission that their all PvP faction concept was wrong.
Drama?
Not really.
Just a state of the game for Klingons.
Its clear that at the highest levels of Cryptic there is a serious problem with understanding Klingon players.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-18-2010, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave111
With the realease of some decent pve elements available to klingons I just want you all to know that I will be leveling a Klingon toon. Alot of you are posting about the death of the faction but every patch will breathe new life into it. You don't seem to see the big picture.

Strict pvp play only apeals to a small group of your player base. It's no wonder why the klingons had so few players. I tried it and I would rather gouge my eyes out with a dull spoon. I like pvp, but I don't like pvp ALL the time. A few of you post how klingon players get lost somewhere between t2 and t5. I have no doubt that it is the reason. Hats off to those hardcore players who leveled pvp the whole way. I know that isn't for me.

I just want to give you some hope that if I am looking to play klingon now, that perhaps more fed players will be changing over to the empire. I think with every content release they will draw more and more players to the other side. I doubt it will ever be 50/50, the federation is simply too popular.

Regards
This post is the most laughable item on the boards today , so far the day is still young. Decent PvE is the funniest statement to lead with . Please , copy and pasting the most assinine aspects of Federation PvE into Klingons and calling it decent is pathetic. So instead of grinding a nebulla repeatedly I get to grind this crap ? I'd suggest you stay over on the Fed side until some real PvE comes .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-18-2010, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave111
With the realease of some decent pve elements available to klingons I just want you all to know that I will be leveling a Klingon toon. Alot of you are posting about the death of the faction but every patch will breathe new life into it. You don't seem to see the big picture.
It is very possible that they will..klingons getting pve every patch, but I think you are failing to see the real issue (and thats not meant as a flame)
It's the timing we are talking about. This 45 day patch while not supposed to cure all of the universes ills was expected to be a lot more than it was. A LOT more. This was NOT the decent pve element that was needed. Cryptic has been very hush hush with the KDF in terms of communication on what they are doing until tribble and they still havent said what we can expect later and a ball park on when later is. We really need that with the lack of any real content.
The problem as I said before is timing, the Faction is already on the ropes. We are already an injured, sickly targ. This patch may be too little too late. KDF warriors are already leaving...the faction is dying, there may be nothing to patch before long. If the faction dies before they can come out with the real meat and potatoes, then it was too late.
Really what Cryptic needs to do is simply talk to us, tell us that we are going to get some REAL pve stuff...and give us a ball park time frame. Nothing written in stone, just ball park. And in the meantime they need to stop nerfing us while we are already in this terribly weakened state.
Fix the KDF first.....reverse the dying population into growth...THEN look at what needs nerfing in the KDF.
Nerfing us right now is like beating on that sickly dog, rather than smacking the healthy dog with the newspaper.
Imagine us if you will as an animal that has several unrelated things wrong with us. One of those things are critical and life threatening. You decide to treat one of the smaller issues...but the medicine you gave us to fix a small issue (ie carriers and cloak nerfs) aggravates and makes worse the bigger life threatening issue (our populace dying off and becoming near extinct). Now you made a bad thing worse as it piled yet another negative atop a bigger negative and we have gotten any real positives yet to counter-balance.

To more fully describe what I mean, and rather than post it here I posted some thoughts on another thread here about Klingons surrender. Go read it and it might better explain my thoughts on this.

Again, not attempting to flame you in anyway. Just pointing out an issue you might not have considered.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Umm, the OP probably took the wrong words, especially drama queens. The irony of that alone... KDF has 3 species that don't even have females, lol

Anyways, he may still be right to some degree. I went to test KDF PvE. Not that it is such a difference what nebula I'm in, so the PvE self is certainly not what makes me start a Klingon character now. But the claim there is PvE at least lured me over and I found the one species that is really significantly different than all others - and way more fun than I expected. (And I really like my Lethean teeth, too.)

If everyone unhappy with the current Klingon content simply sticks with the Feds, things will never change. Demand and supply, easy to see; if less and less people play KDF, the less attention that faction will get. I dislike the lack of content, customization and general unfairness (targ pet does nothing, no equal counterpart to joined trill, absence of outfit options, fewer species, you name it), and honestly I also dislike trolls pointing that out in each and every topic in each and every forum. But I will start a KDF toon now and endure everything I dislike though. Maybe not worth much, but the OP is at least right about that; the faction will only get attention and improvement if people start playing there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-18-2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synacus View Post
Calling us all drama queens for us watching a faction with hundreds get ripped down to 50 or so , thats a smart idea dave111.

You are going go far on this side I can tell , now maybe if you shut your mouth and lvl to General we "might" forgive the dishonor you have shown.Like I said there are about 50 of us generals and we all know each other this isnt Fedside where you can talk smack and get away with it you get blackballed this side your fighting feds for 4 weeks by yourself. mmmmmmhhh 10 vs 1's are fun.

So I suggest you shut up lvl then show us you can fight and we will go from there.

regards

The BEAR
lol like your some kind of special elietist that can say ok dude your in the club. thats funny that you said blackballed lol, as if the smake you spewed out of your mouth was so honorable. dave has a point that alot of folks dont want to play klingon simply because it is all pvp and that does not fit with there play style. once some pve comes down the pipe then i am sure alot more folks will switch over to klingon side. so all the honorable klingons that rage quit because they want to stomp there feet and cry like little girls with skinned knees will eventually be replaced with more numbers than the kdf knows what to do with. simple fact the kdf will never die and the game will be around for along time, both will see ups and downs but in the long run fun will be had by those who stick it out and just have fun with what they do have, by the way just for the record the sky is not falling i promise you.
as for dave /agreed once they get more pve content into the klingon faction more people will role klingons. rock on dave
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-18-2010, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
Umm, the OP probably took the wrong words, especially drama queens. The irony of that alone... KDF has 3 species that don't even have females, lol

Anyways, he may still be right to some degree. I went to test KDF PvE. Not that it is such a difference what nebula I'm in, so the PvE self is certainly not what makes me start a Klingon character now. But the claim there is PvE at least lured me over and I found the one species that is really significantly different than all others - and way more fun than I expected. (And I really like my Lethean teeth, too.)

If everyone unhappy with the current Klingon content simply sticks with the Feds, things will never change. Demand and supply, easy to see; if less and less people play KDF, the less attention that faction will get. I dislike the lack of content, customization and general unfairness (targ pet does nothing, no equal counterpart to joined trill, absence of outfit options, fewer species, you name it), and honestly I also dislike trolls pointing that out in each and every topic in each and every forum. But I will start a KDF toon now and endure everything I dislike though. Maybe not worth much, but the OP is at least right about that; the faction will only get attention and improvement if people start playing there.
While I hope you might be correct, I think you are very much wrong. The more people that STAY in the faction, I truly and honestly fear that Cryptic will interpret as "Oh they like it, look at all the peeps there, cant be THAT bad or else they would have left..."
So I truly think if their current trend continues (and I hope it doesnt) what WILL happen is people will leave. We pay for the game, if it stops being fun, we wont stay and bang our heads against the proverbial brick wall forever hoping that sooner or later the wall will break...we will stop hitting that wall and realise it feels good when we stop.
Thats what I fear will happen. Perhaps the future will prove me wrong, right now...it isnt.
Just hope Cryptic is thinking the same thing, but we'll see.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-18-2010, 08:24 AM
ROFL @ this thread and all klinks right now.
For any klink that was int he game from beta; yo all need to ask yorself if yor "poor me" card is still working....wait it is because klinks always find something to cry about. If you are not happy with the current state of the game then leave, reroll, go back to whatever game you came from but feds are sick of hearing the constant whining.
After the last 3 days of PVP where players like Emerald, DGgasaysi (i think i spelled it right), Natram and a few others that quit as soon as my group goes up 5-0 I have learned Klinks just want another form of I WIN.
I will say one group of klinks did great while we were training in 2 new fleetmates into PVP (elkinator SP i think) and his crew were a good group of klinks, played well communicated and never cried.
As far as the klink side dying....no it won't get over it. I dare to say that the drop off on klink side is proportionaly close to the % of feds that left the game as well.
I have been playing klink side for the last 3 days (since my week I did it in Beta) and I must say all the RP alone makes me sick.
Honor....LOL sitting in stealth during salvage maps = honor?
respect.....the HUGE amount of trash talking in zone chat in KvK maps?
Real skill? come on there are very few klinks with real skill, most reley on the FotM and the sheer alpha strike power of klinks to show how "good" they are.
Come to fed side play VS "good Klinks" and learn the whole game
to the OP....nice choice of words klingon drama queens is appropriate if you go the tribble test server discussion threads and see the spineless klinks crying and quitting the game like the B.A.N. that they are.
Don't adapt to the changes Don't learn new strategies, don't try new things....just quit...
good job OP
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:47 AM.