Lt. Commander
# 1 No pvp before level 6
03-18-2010, 03:11 AM
What is point of restricting pvp to levels higher than level 6?

I prefer low level pvp to the spells and light shows of later tiers. But to get to the pvp blue side you need to do the same dull, boring, tedious missions for several hours. After you've done them 956 times the missions are just a chore.

Red side you can get a lt 6 after half an hour of complete boredom, but then there is nobody to fight, as only pve people can be bothered with the 3 hour grind blue side.

fgs cryptic, sort it out.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2010, 05:49 AM
What would be the point of PvP at levels below 6? You can't do anything differennt than a level 6, you have the same ship, same abilities, same equipment available.

The obvious reason for the restriction at level 6 is that you need to be able to deal with all the PvE between Sol and the PvP Starbase, to get there obviously, it also has the secondary advantage of allowing Klingons to be played from level 6 and therefore not needing a tutorial. Quite frankly if you feel the need to complain about no PvP before level 6, you dont belong in PvP.

Edit: Hmm It occurs to me that this thread is most likely a joke (heres hoping)
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-18-2010, 09:23 AM
I don't understand how any fed could "prefer" T1 pvp. in T1, klingons are very overpowered because they start at level 6 with effectively maxed-out gear that feds won't typically be able to match until level 10 or 11. as a fed, why would you want to pvp at level 1 with no skill point upgrades, no bridge officers and no gear, against a klingon who is guaranteed to be level 5 minimum, with level-10-equivalent gear?

it makes no sense.

and if it's taking you 3 hours to reach level 6, you should do different missions. look for ones that give high xp rewards, and avoid things with low xp like the patrol missions. level 6 should take you less than an hour, easily.

-ken