Lt. Commander
Spoilers for the episode, obviously.

One of the sticking points in... well, the whole progression through the episodes is the fate of Admiral Zelle. Divide et Impera has a number of problems in general (most notably, the inability for your Captain to take actions of conscience instead of 'just following orders'), but the ultimate revelation of Zelle as an Undine works just fine, and the Undine's disappearance into the Romulan military does as well.

And then you go back to Starbase 39... and there's Zelle standing there.

There's some trouble with this back on Starbase 1, in regards to the Vulcan ambassador, but at least there's some acknowledgement of finding the real Ambassador (admittedly, his body, but still). But Zelle we never hear about again... save that she's in the middle of a room you have to cross through to reach any of the stores.

I would like to see Zelle have an interaction where she explains that she was found (and verified as the real Admiral Zelle) and that she is recovering from her ordeal, but isn't currently active in service during that convelescence. If we can't have a technology that has Zelle 'disappear' or be replaced by some other figure after we complete this episode, at the least there should be a reason why we don't immediately shout "UNDINE INFILTRATOR" and fill her full of phaser energy.

Thanks as always, and enjoy the canapes.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Great avatar. Love it.

And I do agree that it's a little odd to encounter MMO paradoxes like those... but, perhaps I'm just desensitized to it.
Honestly, I'm more concerned about how this is the last we ever hear about the Undine formerly known as Zelle. The Romulans never look into it and it would seem our "mistake" never comes back to bite us in the rear... which it should... otherwise there was no point to frag us through the innocent slaughter. (you know, unless it was critical to some yet undisclosed plot or what have you)
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borysthenis
Spoilers for the episode, obviously.

I would like to see Zelle have an interaction where she explains that she was found (and verified as the real Admiral Zelle) and that she is recovering from her ordeal, but isn't currently active in service during that convelescence. If we can't have a technology that has Zelle 'disappear' or be replaced by some other figure after we complete this episode, at the least there should be a reason why we don't immediately shout "UNDINE INFILTRATOR" and fill her full of phaser energy.

Thanks as always, and enjoy the canapes.
Funny I have this same issue. It seems like it would take a little work. But having those types of NPC's spout out a few lines of Alternate Text when they see you might be nice. "Thanks for discovering that impostor....blah blah....blah" or some such. The technology already exists in the game with various NPC's that congratulate you for you various exploits. It would be nice and be little less "immersion breaking".
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-18-2010, 07:49 AM
Or why not just have it so that those NPC's are no longer visible to the player when the mission is complete (but of course still visible to other players!)
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanid
Or why not just have it so that those NPC's are no longer visible to the player when the mission is complete (but of course still visible to other players!)
That would be kinda hard though. Not impossible, but hard. You could always through her behind a turbolift door so that you can only get to her if you have the mission.

But my biggest gripe is the inability for *captains of frikin starships* to make their own decisions in a Star Trek game. Especially when you are obviously being duped. If some klingon told me that my ambassador was actually an undine infiltrator you know what my character would do? He'd shove a phaser donw his throat, fire it, and throw him out an airlock at the klingon ship as proof of my deeds, and a warning of what would happen to them if they messed with me.

Now, with this particular mission my character would proudly serve Section 31 with pride, effeciency, and secretly. So why the heck do I keep having to be told to "put my moral qualms aside"? I don't have morals! Their illogical and keep me from murdering the Federation's enemies in cold blood.

And I swear, if my bridge officers tell me what to do one more time...