Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Not Again *facepalm*
03-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Damn anomalies and mission objectives spawning under ground on maps that have hilly terrain. Yet another cluster mission I cannot complete.

Possible solution:
- Remove line-of-sight requirement on anomaly and objective interaction. Our tricorders will take us there. Allow us to interact as long as we are within range of the X,Y coordinates (and no Z coordinate).
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Just ran into the same ground map except it had tall medical supply cylinders instead of the buried medical crates. The taller objects made this mission doable.

Another possible solution is to add an invisible section to mission objects which guarantees line of sight so players can interact. Or is some other fix in the works? Not seen any progress here since closed beta.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Inaccessible anomalies is an issue we're aware of, and it affects a lot of maps. Normally it's just an anomaly or two on any map that can't be accessed, so the impact isn't very high. I know it can be very frustrating, but there are reasons the interaction logic is the way it is, and we just need to fix each bad anomaly as we learn of them.

There is actually a STICKY public ticket about this issue, if you look in the "Report a Bug" menu under the "Graphics and Environment" category. If you'd like to help us identify maps with inaccessible anomalies, you can click "Add More Info" on that ticket when you're near one of these anomalies, and we'll get a new report with your location information.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the response but I wouldn't have posted this if it was just anomalies. It's buried mission objectives that make your mission undoable. I've been putting in bug reports on these since closed beta. Oh well. Guess I will add another but I've reported this map before.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Posting ticket numbers here is very helpful to us in identifying particularly troublesome bugs.

Star Cluster maps do tend to be more prone to issues, and it really is just a matter of identifying broken ones and fixing them. In those cases, the detailed location information captured in Bug Report is vital.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Didn't know they were patching missions instead of fixing the source problem.

Old Ticket # = 701,221

New Ticket # = 754,334
- Undoable Mission: "Planet Phi Mu 128 Investigation" (Inspect Medical Supplies)
- Reason: Mission Objective spawn beneath hilly terrain. Unable to interact with object.
- To Recreate: Attempt to complete mission as normal. The last mission objective will be inaccessible.
- Inaccessible Object near location 1571, 42, 824
- Inaccessible Object near location 1200, 102, 1244
- Inaccessible yet visible Anomaly near location 1474, 15, 1234

Thanks for any attention you can draw to this.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Thanks, I've passed that one on!

For mission bugs, there generally isn't one "source problem" at all, or at least not in a way that we can fix. If there are trends from map to map or mission to mission, they still need to get fixed or reviewed individually. We can't just fix one thing in one place, and have it propagate everywhere, due to the way everything is set up. That sort of fix works for many bugs that exist in the actual code, but that doesn't normally hold true for bugs caused by bad data, which is often what leads to mission bugs. The more you know!