Lt. Commander
# 1 Ship Interiors comment
03-17-2010, 01:56 PM
I just wanted to post some feedback regarding ship interiors. It ranked as the number 1 item players wanted to see on the recent poll.

Personally, when I ranked it as my own choice as the element I'd most like to see in the game, specifically I meant the interiors of your own ship, but not only as a social space, but as a subject of missions.

Many of not most of the episodes of the various Star TV Series took place onboard the Enterprise/Voyager etc. If we had missions (combat and non-combat) that took place on our own ships, it would help with the immersion factor and we'd become more invested in, and connected to, our ship.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2 Agree
03-17-2010, 03:28 PM
I find the missions boring, they are all the same.I would like to do missions from my ship.Use ship sensors not only to gather warious items. But to scan for new life forms to scan for lost ships and so one, the same om ground missions, more use of the tricorder. And would be nice to fly arround and explore space scan unnown planets for new life for,ore make first contakt with new species... and i as the captain will decide when to go to red alert :-) ore yellow
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-17-2010, 03:29 PM
I would love to have missions to repel boarding parties, solve a mystery, or repair damage. I would also enjoy seeing functionality as covered in this thread. I realize that some of the ideas posted there are somewhat complicated and could take a while to implement, but ship interiors in general should be easy to implement as many of the rooms that users have requested (ie-engineering, ten forward, etc) have been seen in various mission throughout the game so the code is already written for them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Agreed. I have systematicely (though not entirely comprehensively) explained how to and why Cryptic shoul do this. http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...+ship+interior
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Sounds like a great idea, id love running missions on my own ship, as well as having some more mission variety. give it more of that TNG feel, it seems something needs to be fixed/investigated on the ship in most of those episodes
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-18-2010, 01:08 PM
This is really a must. STO will likely never truly feel like Star Trek without this.