Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-18-2010, 07:30 AM
For the daily quest, with potential purple gear rewards, I agree you should need to win.

Not for general PvP however, since that will simply reduce the PvP population even further, and make leveling on the Klingon side unbearable. If Klingons get fully developed PvE. then I would change it to 'win required'.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-18-2010, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senacca View Post
Oh look!
Badges and points for ... doing nothing.

ONe suicidal run at the Player Klinks and I'm done. Just wait for rewards.

Dont even bother to shoot back anymore. I still need those badges and points.

Take those away... I will have no more motivation to join PvP.

SO, I agree with NOT REWARDING the losers. Then I would stay away from PvP alltogether, making everyone else a little happier.

Please dont take this as a personal attack, its not meant that way. Im just using what you stated as an example of a player demographic.

No offence to you at all, but if you only do PvP for badges and points then i think you may have missed the point of PvP. Points and Badges should be based on victory, not simply attendance. The whole "run in, die, go afk crowd" simply ruin the matches for those of us feds who pvp for fun and try to win every game we take part in.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-18-2010, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anunzi View Post
Please dont take this as a personal attack, its not meant that way. Im just using what you stated as an example of a player demographic.

No offence to you at all, but if you only do PvP for badges and points then i think you may have missed the point of PvP. Points and Badges should be based on victory, not simply attendance. The whole "run in, die, go afk crowd" simply ruin the matches for those of us feds who pvp for fun and try to win every game we take part in.
This is true. Actually I think you can simply compare PvP and PvE rewards. You dont get anything for just playing Infected if you dont kill Rebecca Simmons. You dont get anything if you dont manage to complete PvE main story missions. Devs can make it that if you do Infected for 2 hours and still dont beat it, you get your 5 Marks as well as those that completed it - but thats bad idea isnt it?
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-18-2010, 08:02 AM
I think PVP the way it is, SUX. I do the daily mission just for reward and don't even try to win.

Because I have no hope to win. If there was no reward I won't even show in PVP.

What you HC don't understand is we are forced to play against guys dedicating their lives to video games, what interest do we have playing against organised teams and guys playing their lives on PVP ? Don't look for an answer, we have none !

For an average player it's boring and frustrating, it has no interest. People play games for fun.
Fun is a relative concept.

For me fun is having a fun PVP fight where I can feel I have a chance EVEN IF I LOSE !
Because I don't care losing in a video game. But If I have no fun , I will be ****ed. (I am actually)
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-18-2010, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merel
I think PVP the way it is, SUX. I do the daily mission just for reward and don't even try to win.
Thus proving that the reward mechanics are borked beyond belief.

Quote:
Because I have no hope to win. If there was no reward I won't even show in PVP.
personally, that would suit me fine. You shouldnt be forced to PvP if you hate it that much, there should be other options for you to get your badges. In the same vain, I shouldnt have to suffer being on a team with a person who has accepted defeat before the game even starts!

Quote:
What you HC don't understand is we are forced to play against guys dedicating their lives to video games, what interest do we have playing against organised teams and guys playing their lives on PVP ? Don't look for an answer, we have none !
I'm not HC. I work 45-50 hours a week. I play games to unwind. Please dont generalise

Quote:
For an average player it's boring and frustrating, it has no interest. People play games for fun.
Fun is a relative concept.

For me fun is having a fun PVP fight where I can feel I have a chance EVEN IF I LOSE !
Because I don't care losing in a video game. But If I have no fun , I will be ****ed. (I am actually)
Totally agree with you. However we clearly have very different definitions of what is and what is not fun.

As to having a chance to win..... There are very few PvP games ive been where we could have won had the feds played as a team rarther than a group of totaly seperate players in the same zone. Zero support for each and killed peicemeal by the Klinks. A wise old Chinese man once said "Divide and Conquer" He was right.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Why not a map with no teams and only weapons available. Simple FPS like PVP. No one would be obliged to go, but I think lots of casuals will enjoy it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Why not a map with no teams and only weapons available. Simple FPS like PVP. No one would be obliged to go, but I think lots of casuals will enjoy it.
You suggest that a lot, i like having teams, though I guess it would be something else

I want to see more types of PvP
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheroMon
Well, I just don't understand why you get nearly the same reward when winning or loosing.
I think, this should be fixed. Nobody cares about the looser, so why do they get a reward??

Jepp, you may get something because you were brave enough to join a battle, but not nearly the same like the winner.
I get more credits when i lose then if i won :p