Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
03-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Your list totals 96 episodes in which Klingons appeared, several of which were token appearances.

According to Wikipedia, there were 726 episodes of Star Trek produced across all series and seasons.

So somewhere between 1/8 and 1/7 Star Trek episodes included Klingons to some extent.

No point, just figured the numbers were interesting.

On the other hand, if you want to talk about the % of player-generated content that isn't utter trash... we better break out some decimal points and extra zeroes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
03-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
Your list totals 96 episodes in which Klingons appeared, several of which were token appearances.

According to Wikipedia, there were 726 episodes of Star Trek produced across all series and seasons.

So somewhere between 1/8 and 1/7 Star Trek episodes included Klingons to some extent.

No point, just figured the numbers were interesting.

On the other hand, if you want to talk about the % of player-generated content that isn't utter trash... we better break out some decimal points and extra zeroes.
Hah yeah, I was just being silly pasting that. I know a many are token appearances, but there are plenty of Klingon centric episodes in there as well. Especially in DS9.

As a side note. 1 Pakled Episode in TNG, and 19 "background" appearances. That 2.7% of all ST episode where you even see a pakled, and only 1 where they speak. Whats funny is the way the character creation tool works in STO, I'm sure they'll all be ripped (in 4 weeks) instead of pudgy and overweight.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
03-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Hey maybe Pakleds are the answer..

We fix Klingons Gooodd. We make fast.

Seriously. The biggest problem we have is Klingon players can't say anything anymore without the overwhelming number of Fed's pouncing on our 'QQ Whining'. I really hope they save some of that attitude, and kleenex for the flood of Fed content cries about to be unleashed with Fed v Fed

We know the Klingon PvP only model was a unsucsessful concept. One pushed out due to Cryptic having to ship, or loose the rights. Still when they start talking about off duty clothing, and C-store races, and a third faction for July rather than focusing on exsisting isues....

I dunno. The sky may not be falling, but at the same time ya can only whizz on someone for so long an call it rain...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
03-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
This post is the most laughable item on the boards today , so far the day is still young. Decent PvE is the funniest statement to lead with . Please , copy and pasting the most assinine aspects of Federation PvE into Klingons and calling it decent is pathetic. So instead of grinding a nebulla repeatedly I get to grind this crap ? I'd suggest you stay over on the Fed side until some real PvE comes .
Seriously, How many MMO's have you played straight out of Beta? Do you not understand they are STILL WORKING ON PvE FOR BOTH SIDES!

The Klingon was barely "Finished" when it was released from Beta.

I think your the kind of person that plays a game for three months, whines about a little thing going wrong, and has a huge dramatic exit.

How many times do people and even the Devs have to say it... We just pasted the 30 day point. That means they got out SOME of the bugs, and the game is working. To have a full story line of quests for Federation is rare at this state in the game...

The Klingon side is coming.., You cannot expect these people to work 24 hours a day on this, so you wont whine about it on the forums...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
03-18-2010, 01:14 PM


"I dunno. The sky may not be falling, but at the same time ya can only whizz on someone for so long an call it rain..."


Have you ever played another MMO? Being a vet of SWG, SOE "Whizzed" all over every proffession in the game for months apon months... and you have a hissy fit because 30-40 days out of the shoot, the game isn't PERFECT!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
03-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
Did you file a bug for the not-completing part?

Exploration missions are bad filler reruns on the Federation side too, so that just means equal treatment.
Sure did. BTW I do like the T2 cruiser.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
03-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave111
With the realease of some decent pve elements available to klingons I just want you all to know that I will be leveling a Klingon toon. Alot of you are posting about the death of the faction but every patch will breathe new life into it. You don't seem to see the big picture.

Strict pvp play only apeals to a small group of your player base. It's no wonder why the klingons had so few players. I tried it and I would rather gouge my eyes out with a dull spoon. I like pvp, but I don't like pvp ALL the time. A few of you post how klingon players get lost somewhere between t2 and t5. I have no doubt that it is the reason. Hats off to those hardcore players who leveled pvp the whole way. I know that isn't for me.

I just want to give you some hope that if I am looking to play klingon now, that perhaps more fed players will be changing over to the empire. I think with every content release they will draw more and more players to the other side. I doubt it will ever be 50/50, the federation is simply too popular.

Regards
Decent PVE, Are you serious? All they did was cut and paste federation mission and called it klingon. The Devs probably consider that a days work and have already moved onto new federation content while those of us that are trying to keep this faction alive are just shaking our heads. We asked for Klingon Episodic content, story arcs, etc...and what did we get more grinding.

Honestly are you Federation players this dense or does it take years of training?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
03-18-2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
Decent PVE, Are you serious? All they did was cut and paste federation mission and called it klingon. The Devs probably consider that a days work and have already moved onto new federation content while those of us that are trying to keep this faction alive are just shaking our heads. We asked for Klingon Episodic content, story arcs, etc...and what did we get more grinding.

Honestly are you Federation players this dense or does it take years of training?
You had, empire defense.

Now you have, empire defense + exploration missions. Even if I keep the math very simple for you, thats 100% increase! Things seem to be heading in the right direction.

For you to think that all the devs are sitting around and doing something for someone else instead of taking 15 minutes of "Copy and Pasting" federation content and making up some story for klingons shows me that you really have no idea what you're talking about. People like you act like you're being scorned by Cryptic because they gave you a pvp only class, you rolled it, and now you feel you should complain because they instantly don't turn around the content they already told you didn't exist. For some reason you conjure up this childish idea that if they would spend a day on it you would have klingon pve. But they won't, because, they hate you.

I understand that nobody on this thread can have any intellect but ****ed off klingon players so I won't even say antyhing about your flame. You're cool.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
03-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Ok guys, listen to the op and be happy about your 'handme down' explore missions, instead of content tailored for the Klingon side! Seriously, it feels like red side is the younger sibling in a family. As for vision, well i think the only vision at the time for klingons was "How can we get another faction in the game in less than a month?". Its not to say they are not working on some things for klingons, just..well they really really favor the Fed side it seems.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
03-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneth
Ok guys, listen to the op and be happy about your 'handme down' explore missions, instead of content tailored for the Klingon side! Seriously, it feels like red side is the younger sibling in a family. As for vision, well i think the only vision at the time for klingons was "How can we get another faction in the game in less than a month?". Its not to say they are not working on some things for klingons, just..well they really really favor the Fed side it seems.
That's the spirit!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:21 AM.