Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Trek Actors on Stargate
03-19-2010, 07:48 AM
Found an interesting little article in my travels on the internet.

http://www.thepensivecitadel.com/201...stargate-sg-1/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-19-2010, 07:51 AM
You could do this for any sci-fi series with any other sci-fi series. It's the problem with being a sci-fi actor. Once you go down that road, it's very hard to get out of it. This alos fits in my my dad's theory that there are actually only 100 actors in Hollywood, so they have to work alot However along withthe article linked from above, I realized all but the first one, but that's not too surprising since I have only seen Armin Shimmerman in a non-ferengi role only one other time that I can remember.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-19-2010, 07:55 AM
I hear ya, but I never made the connection between Kinsey and Capt. Jellico untill I read that article. It should have been obvious but that just speaks volumes about Ronny Cox's acting IMO that his portrayal of those two charecters.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-19-2010, 08:04 AM
I agree with the link, Blalock was nosebleed worthy as a redhead.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
You could do this for any sci-fi series with any other sci-fi series. It's the problem with being a sci-fi actor. Once you go down that road, it's very hard to get out of it. This alos fits in my my dad's theory that there are actually only 100 actors in Hollywood, so they have to work alot However along withthe article linked from above, I realized all but the first one, but that's not too surprising since I have only seen Armin Shimmerman in a non-ferengi role only one other time that I can remember.
QFT.

I was pleasantly surprised when I was watching Stargate: Atlantis one day and saw Kaylee.

Apparently she got her doctorate degree since leaving Mal's crew.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
QFT.

I was pleasantly surprised when I was watching Stargate: Atlantis one day and saw Kaylee.

Apparently she got her doctorate degree since leaving Mal's crew.
Between Kaylee and Sam Carter, those were the only reasons I was watching Atlantis
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Oh, and let's not forget Lieutenant J.G. Ro Laren's promotion to Admiral (and subsequent descent into a General Ripper-esque madness) before appearing on Battlestar Galactica.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-19-2010, 08:59 AM
The only ones I didn't recognize until I saw that article were Dwight Schultz and John Billingsley. The former, because I was so used to his Barclay mannerisms and the latter because I never really watched Enterprise.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Wasn't the guy who played trip in a few SG-Atlantis episode too?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satcong
Wasn't the guy who played trip in a few SG-Atlantis episode too?
Yep, he was the Wraith-turned human-turned semi wraith Michael
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:08 PM.