Lt. Commander
# 11
03-19-2010, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
However along withthe article linked from above, I realized all but the first one, but that's not too surprising since I have only seen Armin Shimmerman in a non-ferengi role only one other time that I can remember.
Armin Shimmerman primarily does voice work these days, the most recent being a Council member in Mass Effect 1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satcong
Wasn't the guy who played trip in a few SG-Atlantis episode too?
Yes he played Michael, quite possibly the best recurring villain in the Stargate franchise.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raccoon_king View Post
The only ones I didn't recognize until I saw that article were Dwight Schultz and ... The former, because I was so used to his Barclay mannerisms..
You should check this link...I think you'll find Schultz has been in a lot of things most gamers will be familiar with.

When it comes to actors portraying characters in different series that seem somewhat related, a lot of that is due to networking in the industry. One member of the production team may have worked iwth a certain actor or actress on another series and recommends them for a part. Or, a producer may start another series, and will recall certain actors and actresses from another series they ran and build their ensemble from that. A big one for this is Joss Whedon...Look at the cast lists for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Firefly sometime. An example of this is Summer Glau, River from Firefly. Her first acting part was as a ballerina in an episode of Angel.