Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Space UI - Hotkeys/Power Tray
03-17-2010, 07:30 AM
I did a search, but couldn't find a thread on this yet.

I'm having issues now with my Hotkeys/Power tray in space mode. I have the tray set to show three rows (ie. Numbers, Control+Number, Alt+Number). Now when I press Ctr+3 it activates the power in that slot plus the power next to it in Ctr+4. It doesn't do it all the time, but it happens a lot.

Also, one of the buttons on the Numbers row, or Control row (I'm still trying to figure out which) will activate powers on the Alt row as well. Usually it will activate the power assigned to Alt+6 or Alt+7.

My laptop is about 6 months old, the keyboard is clean, and I haven't had any other issues using it in other programs. Also, I'm not pressing two keys at once (Ctl+3 and Ctl+4) in the heat of battle, lol. Is anyone else having this issue?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Developers...to follow up, I was experiencing the same issue last night. However now when I press Ctr+2 it activates the power on Ctr+2 and Ctr+4 at the same time.

I looked at my key mapping settings but didn't see any duplicate key assignments. Should I try resetting my key mapping or something? Thanks.

Edit: Is there any software out there that I could use to test my keyboard (to see if is damaged)? I don't think that's the problem, but it might be.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Yes, I would suggest clicking "Reset to defaults" on both Controls and Keybinds, and see if that fixes the problem. I haven't seen reports like this in the past, but it is conceivable that your controls or keybinds might have gotten into a very strange state.

Unfortunately I don't know of any software that would be able to check whether your keyboard is sending the correct information. If you post in the PC & Technical Support forum, though, those folks might be able to point you in the right direction.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana
Yes, I would suggest clicking "Reset to defaults" on both Controls and Keybinds, and see if that fixes the problem. I haven't seen reports like this in the past, but it is conceivable that your controls or keybinds might have gotten into a very strange state.

Unfortunately I don't know of any software that would be able to check whether your keyboard is sending the correct information. If you post in the PC & Technical Support forum, though, those folks might be able to point you in the right direction.
Okay, thanks Litana! I'll try resetting everything tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-18-2010, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana

Litana...I found the issue, and I see why I just started noticing it.

I'm left handed, so I always remap my movement keys to the Number Pad on the right. Well, I was looking through the key binding presets, and each skill is default to work with a number key, an alt+number key, or ctr+number key. However by default the skills are ALSO bound to Number Pad numbers, alt+Number Pad numbers, and ctr+Number Pad numbers.

So that's why when I pressed alt or control buttons plus a number two skills would activate. It was activating the skill assigned to the number key (above the letters), and ALSO the Number Pad number I was pressing. If that makes sense?

The solution was to go into the key bindings control panel and clear out all the Number Pad presets. Everything is working normally again.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-19-2010, 01:50 PM
That's wonderful! And now I know about something else to ask about when troubleshooting keybind issues.

Thanks!