Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
The Klingon players seem to be concerned that the upcoming FvF games will destroy their faction. Well, yes, it will. If Klingon players insist on spending ages cloaked and then leave games if things aren't going their way then yes, Fed players will opt for FvF. Yes, yes, I'm sure the same happens on the Fed side, but playing Fed only I don't notice it so can't really comment.

The problem is, Klingon players don't have the same huge queues Feds have, so leaving a game isn't a big deal to them, and with cloak they can sit and wait for Feds to get frustrated and leave then gank those that remain. The solution is simple, penalise players for leaving games. If you run out on a game then you have to wait out a cooldown before being able to join another queue. Have it increase from no penalty at all up to a several hour lockout depending on how frequently the person has left games. If you have a client crash or an RL emergency that forces you out of a game as a one off there's no penalty, but if you regularly run out on games because you're losing or simply to annoy other players then you eventually you'll find yourself locked out of PvP games for a few hours.

As for Klingons sitting around cloaked for ages, the game should simply be forfeited if there's no combat for a certain period of time. I'm not talking about something ridiculous like 30 seconds, but when it comes to 10-15 minutes of sitting cloaked while people go made looking for you it goes beyond gaining a tactical advantage and into the realms of just being a jerk. I've no problems with Klingon players using their first strike advantage cloak gives them, but spending a age hiding just for the sake of it shouldn't be possible, especially when the Fed side could have queued for a long time to get into a game in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-19-2010, 03:45 PM
I think only "hard core" people played klingon and most of them did not and will not renew. I have seen fewer and fewer and almost none at all now. And with the introduction of fvf should die out all together making this a rather moot point. I certainly won't miss them.

30 minute-2 hour queue then sit around another 10-20 minutes as the klingons stay cloaked till they have a full team only to get decloak/snb/vm into oblivion and IF you manage to get ones shields down they will just run and cloak
vs instant queues with instant action and actually being able to see the science ship and prepare for the snb/vm so you might make it out the other side alive and if the lil $$$$ does try to run he probably won't get far

sounds like a no-brainer to me

From what I hear the klingons do the same things to each other and this is why they don't play kvk, yet they find it amusing and cry l2p when we comment on them doing it to us.
I even tried to level up a klingon once and the few games of kvk I did try support this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-19-2010, 03:52 PM
These games i keep hearing off that Klingons stay cloaked all the time.. When do they ever happen? I have never seen a single match where that happened yet you feds seem to talk about it like it happens almost every other game.

I cannot remember the last time i left a queue (except on ground once. i zoned in and didnt see a single soul on either side for around five minutes and left)
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
These games i keep hearing off that Klingons stay cloaked all the time.. When do they ever happen? I have never seen a single match where that happened yet you feds seem to talk about it like it happens almost every other game.

I cannot remember the last time i left a queue (except on ground once. i zoned in and didnt see a single soul on either side for around five minutes and left)
This only happens in arena maps: cracked planet/solar wind and I think a few others, where you win by kills.
You stay cloaked in the capture and hold or the assault enemy base games and well you lose.
The klingon solution is to get an entire team and queue up so at the start its usually 5-10 klingons vs 1-3 federation and I have seen this so call bull if you want but it happens. Usually by the time the federation side fills up it is too late.
But in probably 9/10 of the kill 15 player maps I have ever played 1-3 klingons stayed cloaked for at least 5 if not 10-15 minutes waiting for the team to fill up. So I don't bother with those maps any more. May as well go watch paint dry. And I am not the only one with this mentality as when I look at pvp queues there is always 5-6 times if not 10x as many federation queued up for capture and hold and basically nobody queues for ground! hahaha
I guess maybe klingons don't understand or maybe don't care? that even with the shorter queue it still takes 15-30 minutes to get in a game then just to sit there another 5-20 minutes? Rather sit in the longer queue and watch tv.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post

I'll stay cloaked if the sides are grossly unbalanced (or just stay dead in ground matches). If I get killed a bunch when I'm alone then all that does is pad the Federation's score and make it harder for us to come back when the sides eventually even out (and they usually do even out).

Somebody gets screwed one way or the other; either my team-mates joining the match late or the mob of feds that just want to kill me 5-1 over and over for a free win. In that case, it makes sense to screw over the feds and leave my team with something we can come back from.

If the queues worked then I wouldn't do it. And frankly feds can do almost exactly the same thing, they just run away for as long as possible and then don't respawn when they die the first time.

On the other hand, when I end up in a match where we outnumber the opponents by a huge margin, I'll usually either sit out until things even up, or try to convince my team to 1-1. I don't really enjoy zerging any more than i enjoy being zerged.

I find it kind of ironic that the OP has a problem with waiting, but doesn't play a Klingon. Guys like that are the reason the feds have long queues. They're like a hound-dog sitting on the porch howling because he's sitting on a nail and too lazy to get up off it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-19-2010, 04:34 PM
players complain and whine so much about cloak in matches like crack planet. Buut I don't play those matches for that reason, that is why I like matches like capture and hold, forces players to fight for the capture point. IMO, there should be more matches that involves resource/reinforcement points.

Players perception's so linear its so ****ing retarded.

IMO, Science class in general is to OP, theres really no need for sub nuc class related skill.

Sub Nuc should be more like ripping a hole in space or creating some space anomaly that will effect opponents sensors, engines, aux pwr...or something. Sub Nuc/VM on top of more VM in a BoP w/ Universal BO slot is OP, but Sub Nuc, w/ VM, on top of VM is OP in itself. Disregard the nerf, the update isn't even here yet, and was push back a week. So we all suffered on both sides, and continue to suffer, and continue to go through many boxes of tissues. Get a grip ladies and gents. if you are not enjoying the pvp matches, don't play...just giving urself unrequired stress.

relax...breathe...relax...cry....relax...
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inktomi19d
On the other hand, when I end up in a match where we outnumber the opponents by a huge margin, I'll usually either sit out until things even up, or try to convince my team to 1-1. I don't really enjoy zerging any more than i enjoy being zerged.
Agreed. 5v1 is almost as funless as 1v5. I mean, we beat that fed, I wasn't expecting that to happen. They weren't at a disadvantage or anything. >_>
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Pre made groups will help a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inktomi19d View Post
I find it kind of ironic that the OP has a problem with waiting, but doesn't play a Klingon. Guys like that are the reason the feds have long queues. They're like a hound-dog sitting on the porch howling because he's sitting on a nail and too lazy to get up off it.
While I pay my subscription fee I'll play the way I enjoy, and I happen to enjoy games more when I pick a side and stick to it. I picked the Fed side. It's nothing to do with being lazy, it's simply what makes the game enjoyable for me. But thank you for your input.