Lt. Commander
# 1 Limit Cap is 50 skill points?
03-20-2010, 09:36 PM
I heard a rumor that once you've used 50 skill points on your captain, then you can't learn anymore skills. I have to warn you, that in MMO's of the past, the day that I hit my maximum skil levels, was the day I stopped playing. After all, if there's nothing to work toward, then why bother? I mean, I understand this desire to specialize players so that they develop their own inherent classes and there's more versatility, and that's all well and good in theory, but when it comes down to actually playing the game - IT'S BORING! So, I figured I had better get this in here early before I reached that point... I mean, it's not like there's a cap on what I can learn in real life.

In addition, I would like to recommend that new skills be added to cryptic's continuing development plan so as to keep players interested. It would keep people from reaching that... "What do I do now" point.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius_Perplexus
I heard a rumor that once you've used 50 skill points on your captain, then you can't learn anymore skills. I have to warn you, that in MMO's of the past, the day that I hit my maximum skil levels, was the day I stopped playing. After all, if there's nothing to work toward, then why bother? I mean, I understand this desire to specialize players so that they develop their own inherent classes and there's more versatility, and that's all well and good in theory, but when it comes down to actually playing the game - IT'S BORING! So, I figured I had better get this in here early before I reached that point... I mean, it's not like there's a cap on what I can learn in real life.

In addition, I would like to recommend that new skills be added to cryptic's continuing development plan so as to keep players interested. It would keep people from reaching that... "What do I do now" point.

You need to read quite a bit more 50 skill points I think I had that earned before I finished the tutorial. i.e. at level 1. The game does have a skill cap, you'll reach level 45 before you hit it. Currently the cap is much more than 50 points.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Rumers are the same nomatter where you go. If you believe a rumer before you find out any facts, then this is not the place for you.