Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-20-2010, 07:21 PM
There's no difference between the sides in ground PvP with regard to exposes.

There are differences in what kits and weapons you use, though. Scientists in particular can get kits where every button is another chance to expose and 2-3 scientists doing this nonstop will get a lot of exposes.

The patch will quite nearly make the expose mechanic a thing of the past, though, as I understand shield expendables will now cure expose, and the expose will not hold you, so the window of opportunity on any expose is going to be very short.

That'll be interesting. Focus fire will likely become a lot more important. Healing kits might actually be worthwhile too (not to cure exposes but to help keep people healed as they cure their own exposes with shield expendables).
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz

There are differences in what kits and weapons you use, though. Scientists in particular can get kits where every button is another chance to expose and 2-3 scientists doing this nonstop will get a lot of exposes.

The patch will quite nearly make the expose mechanic a thing of the past, though, as I understand shield expendables will now cure expose, and the expose will not hold you, so the window of opportunity on any expose is going to be very short.

That'll be interesting. Focus fire will likely become a lot more important. Healing kits might actually be worthwhile too (not to cure exposes but to help keep people healed as they cure their own exposes with shield expendables).

Aye. Exposes are going to simply be a damage boost instead of a death sentence now, unless you get sniped...

Would love to test these things out on Tribble, but I have yet to get a ground match going.

With the secondary attacks on most exploit weapons losing damage, changes to consumables, and modification of the expose mechanic....things are going to be interesting.

I suspect that unless the sniper rifle becomes incredibly common again like it was near launch, medics and shield regenerating engineers are going to be even more of a powerhouse than they already are. On the plus side, melee is going to see a buff from hypos having an increased cooldown.

I really feel sorry for engineers with Weapon Malfunction, since the Power Cells are on a 15 second timer and cleanse the Weapon Malfunction Debuff (if I am reading it right), making the ability TOO easy to counter, even though it comes at the expense of a hypo or shield charge for the person.

I just REALLY wish we could test these changes more heavily on Tribble
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-20-2010, 08:11 PM
the last two posts made me happy.

as things are now, you can do nothing if u encounter a pvp group thats customed to playing ground pvp like i encountered one today. heres how it went (didnt realy matter if u were solo or in group):

u run around, u see an enemy u try to hide, to late u are being held (the timer goes down slow) wile in the hold u know u are going to die. so from the moment of seeing the enemy till the moment i was dead it took on average 7 seconds. gues how many shots/kills i/we made. idd we lost 40-6. i dont mind losing, i do mind the way we lost. this is no fun at all and it is the main reason why people dont play ground pvp. u have to exploit to get anything done. to me exploiting feels to much like cheating and thats something i refuse to do even if my life depended on it.

stop the 100% exploits and bring it back down to around 10% without ever being able to go over that.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz

This change seems to heavily favor the tactical captains. With exposes being removable, the sheer damage bonus of the tactical captains will become a lot more important. I am curious to see how this change will affect the PvP tactics/length of matches.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-20-2010, 11:00 PM
interesting,

tho i don't think favors tacticals, more towards Science and Eng.

Tact don't really have any root or slow ability, but science and eng does, on top they can apply dots, or create gadgets that can do alot of damage.

I'll wait till it hits live, to see how much fun the change is.