Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 101
03-21-2010, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH2010
While I do not agree with the OP's amount of data downloading I can also see his point. I think typing the topic in all caps about how they stole his money is more what got him flamed than the fact the patcher keeps downloading files (or seems to).
No excuse for flaming.....ever
Lt. Commander
# 102
03-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebleo
No excuse for flaming.....ever
I didnt say it was an excuse. I said when you post STO STOLE MY MONEY!!!eleventyone you are kinda asking for it.
Lt. Commander
friday my laptop had 14 free gigs on frday w it has noit hasless then 8 the only downloads done on my computer was for star trek online . how big it ny st online program folder supposed to be because right now my is over 18 gigs.
Lt. Commander
# 104
03-21-2010, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by proteus22
friday my laptop had 14 free gigs on frday w it has noit hasless then 8 the only downloads done on my computer was for star trek online . how big it ny st online program folder supposed to be because right now my is over 18 gigs.
Sounds about right I am not at home but if memory serves the directory is about 8-10 gigs.
Lt. Commander
# 105
03-21-2010, 01:25 AM
Right now my STO folder is 17.7 GB in size.

And that's with the regular Holodeck current patch, as well as Tribble's most up to date patching. This is about right, as they add more content the size of the install will in fact get bigger.
Lt. Commander
# 106
03-21-2010, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugstum
I'm pretty sure that most European ISP's still have this as a standard of bussiness. Poking at this guy cause he has this is a bit naive. There is a bigger world out there than the US.

I think the OP has had what a lot of have had; One pebble thrown on the cart to much by Cryptic. This one pebble is his breaking point, perhaps no yours or anyone else, but his. If the tons of other pebbles weren't piled on this probably would be just a passing nuisance but there has been an avalanche of problems that are and were ignored and now are bearing the fruit of their (cryptic) labor. Sour as it may be.
Im actualy from europe (Netherlands) and Datalimits over here are unheard of, the last time a provider tried a datalimit they lost so many customers that they had to take the limit away because it was useless.

im on a fiber optic connection of a 100Mb/s here so yeah