Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Reel View Post
if i lose all the time when playing fed,
Rank 5. Klingons rank 5 have MUCH more PVP experience.

Quote:
why do i keep winning playing a klingon.
LT commander rank... which kind of player will roll a federation character at this time?

New players finding star trek in supermarket sales?

Fed players who reached admiral; got spanked in PvP; think it's their class that sucks and reroll another, this time deciding to go pvp instead of leveling like a rocket to 45 not knowing anything of the class in pvp?

Klingons generals who decide to reroll a Fed?

I was Klingon in Beta; and 1 level away from rear admiral at the end of open beta; Rear Admiral fed at headstart; got bored, decided to go back to klingon ... leveled a klingon engineer to BG5; then leveled another klingon to BG 5 (science); deleted the first admiral (the one from headstart); made another one (joined trill at last); now deleted the first general (the engineer one) and rerolling another klingon (tactical this time)...

With that said; what do you think I do when i level a fed? PvP ? Nope; too slow, I race to the top where I can wait for hours to get into a queue...

So why do I skip pvp at those lower tiers? because I think they're unbalanced? nope. Skilled players on both sides and the game will be very close. But I don't trust feds.

You see them in PVE; the first thing I remember to do when I roll a fed is to disable open teaming and autojoining because it really ****es me off to have to share an instance with people who will just bail out randomly; causing me to face hordes of NPCs, making everything slower. I don't expect anything else from these guys in PVP.

Besides; so many people play feds; you barely get to know another, the game doesnt push you to make friends or have any cohesion... EXCEPT on the klingon side; the community is much smaller, and with pvp we are forced to group together to survive; we learn to trust each other and to fight with each other.

Thats where feds fail. There are billions of them... but they're all individuals. Klingons are a team; even if we never grouped before, the game makes us feel like a team. So even a stupid pug will work better on the klingon side; its not just pvp experience; its the whole mindset.

Fed teams that win? Plenty of them... people who group together every day; who know what "TEAM" means. Fleets are still a different thing; many fleets are just glorified chatboxes; where you have total strangers who only share one thing in common, the fleetname. But if you stick to a group of friends and maybe form your own tiny 5 men fleet; you'll do much better. The team is a major factor; PVP experience another. Feds rarely have either; Klingons have at least one; often have both.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Quote:
oh another belgian. many have been the eburonen ive encountered in this game. but what i was trying to show was an obvious opinion: if i lose all the time when playing fed, why do i keep winning playing a klingon. my teammates?? unlikely most are feds rerolling an alt. i should be losing just as much. not the complete opposite.

again im not calling in for the nerfbat. but there seems to be a balance issue.
LT pvp is highly in favour of Klingons by desigh that the fed ships have zero dps and a laughable tank at that level. You cannot base such an opinion on the most one sided arenas in the game. T2 FvK is a lot more even as Klingons only have Bops or the rather dubious raptor to fight with, yet Feds have access to cruisers.

KvF pvp is at it's most even during the middle ranks. T2-T4 where for the most part it is always a reasonable hard fought battle.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-20-2010, 10:33 PM
T2 starts very heavily in favor of klingons, due to their starter gear. by level 14 or 15 feds have caught up gear-wise and it evens out a lot. T3 and T4 are very even.

-ken
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-21-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojoman68
My first ever post...
I'm a Fed RA5 Eng/DSSV that is getting bored with the ease of PvE. I get that the Klinks learn earlier how to be effecftive at PvP. And how the Feds rarely do. I'm tired of getting my ass handed to me without always understanding why. I'f it's a bar fight, I'd like to at least break a nose before getting killed. I'm not likely to be the war god of PvP, I just want to hold my own.

So, is there a Fed Fleet that cares only about beating the crap out of the Klinks? Or do I need to join the darkside and learn from them?

Ash
There are a few out there, I've seen them. I tend not to join fleets and so pay less attention (I prefer joining teams in PvP but then doing my own thing in PvE), but I know they exist; I run into them at times on my Klingon.

Give a shout out sometime and you might find someone paying attention to zonechat; it would be in any Fed PvPer's best interest to find like-minded team players who want to excel in the arena. At the very LEAST finding such a group would negate zoning into a match one at a time with minus in between each spawn, nevermind being able to avoid the suicides.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-21-2010, 10:20 AM
While STO certainly has some class balance issues over all it is a pretty balanced game. Well... it would be a balanced game if it were a pure pvp game where players were equal on both sides.

The better team wins PVP scenario's the majority if the time. The better team can over come Feed Back Pulse, Cloak, SNB, Fed over powered gear and Klingon Carriers.

All of the complaints on this forum is over come by good team play. I play in all pre-mades with my Fed or Klingon. We only lose to other pre-mades that out play us.

Cryptic made a great PVP game then screwed it up with PVE. If this were Planetside where both sides came to the table ready to pvp, the STO pvp experience would have been far richer.

All of the complaints about one side being over powered while on paper may seem to have merit your complaints are irrelevant. This game was meant to be played in tandom with other players so to be successful good team play must be achieved.

Until you play this with good teams consistantly you can't really judge STO balance.

Vllad
Purge
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojoman68
I'm tired of getting my ass handed to me without always understanding why. I'f it's a bar fight, I'd like to at least break a nose before getting killed.
Ash
If you get defeated, ask the Klingons what tactics they're using. Or open up with a question like "what power are you using that does ____ to me?" That's how I learned a lot about PvP.