Lt. Commander
# 31
03-21-2010, 12:13 PM
i would be fine with 5 or 6 digit numbers that dont start with a 9

actually i would very much like cryptic to ASSIGN a unique number to every ship that you can not change.
From 50000 to 999999 and when you get a new ship you can stick to your ships name and registry by adding an -A -B -C to the end or use a new name with a new registry.

Everyone who uses a non standard Shipdesign gets an NX- tag instead of NCC-
would make it more lore friendly if the NX tag was only for experimental ships and for everyone instead of some DDE Bonus.

...probably not going to happen though.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callasan View Post
4 or 5-digit NCC numbers inthe C-Store are just Not Gonna Happen. It's not in CBS' best interest to allow such low numbers inthe game.

Why? It'll "dilute" the Abrams' reboot of Star Trek, which is going to USE numbers inthat range in further movies (and the possible TV-series reboot). It also would have "diluted" things if Enterprise had gone on beyond the 5 seasons it did, by in essence blocking off that range save for numbers already used.

How do we know this? There's a reason why the registry number of the Kelvin has a preceding zero - unique in Star Trek. it's because of any possible continuation.

So, fuhgeddaboutit. Not gonna happen. No real point to it in this game anyway.

They are let old school Connies and TOS unifroms run around. timeline must not be an issue for them.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-21-2010, 01:14 PM
I like being able to somewhat picking my own registry number as well as name. The more customization in the game, the better.