Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleets/Friend lists
03-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Just out of interest wondering what the numbers are like on active players in peoples Fleets and or Friend lists in game.

Since Launch my Friends list has gone down to only 2 other active players on a regular ish basis

My fleet doesn't really count as it is has always been me and one othe player.......No need to recruit as it's pretty hard to organise fleet only events. So just kept it to chatting to random peoples.

My other Fleet mate has an alt in a diff fleet that originally topped out to around 300 ish players that regularly played but is now down to a couple of dozen that regularly play.

His friend list has gone down from a couple of dozen players since OB to now just me and him.

Just want to see how it is for others on this forum.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Friend list has gone up about 10 people since launch day.
Fleet... Has ups and downs.

Adding this.... Know that 2 people have stopped playing but other than those 2 both fleet and friend list has been growing steadily... And have to reject all these random requests Chat get from complete strangers.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Same
03-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Friends and Fleet basically static.

Recruited one new fleet member yesterday who came over from another MMO RPG to join us in STO. At the same time one from our Guild who tried STO Trial has left, so +-0.

As I mostly have my friends in the fleet my friendslist is the same with 2-3 others on friend. Keep Fleet members on friendslist so i can monitor from Buddy/Friendlist here on Forums from "My Account/Buddy List" if they are online. Can't see Fleet Roster from here, only friends.

Don't see the point with 200-300+ Fleet Members as that would turn fleet channel into Zone Chat. No way You can be on personal friend basis with 200-300+ Players. I like it personal if want pugs I use zone chat. No need for Fleet chat with pugs You dont know.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2010, 02:09 PM
IMO the biggest reason that Fleets are a non-starter in STO is that there is no recognition of them. This is also one of the many reasons that the Nocti (Sidus Noctis, a multi-MMO gaming organization I belong to) has lost interest in this game. It does not say <Sidus Noctis> above our heads.

End result: Guilds, Clans, Legions, Factions, Fleets, etc. are immensely important in an MMO. Being a recognized member of them can sometimes be the driving force to making players log in to a game. This is especially true of a game that otherwise lacks content. At this, Cryptic fails.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Cool thanks people.....nice insights......keep it coming!!