Lt. Commander
# 21
03-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I am surprised you even beat that mission if all you did was talk to two people. You are supposed to talk to four or five people. Sounds like to me you just rushed through that story and got lucky on your choices to complete it.
Yeah, I made a tactical officer at the insistence of my friend and went back through this time I had to talk to all the people then go back to the guy. So the first time must have just been a bug that it completed after I talked to two people.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
MMOs don't work that way. I can't think of any that have multiple ways to finish a quest. There's always one way.

Single-player games have branching choices, not MMOs.

Also in your OP... are you saying you couldn't find the Admiral's Office? When, you know it says "GO TO THE ADMIRAL'S OFFICE" and you spawn DIRECTLY south of it? With a big sign saying "ADMIRAL'S OFFICE" and the door is glowing to signal you can use it?
I support some of the additions, and if they were able make the game's quest-lines similar to that of the 25th Anniversary, or Judgment rights, then that would be an accomplishment worthy of some bragging rights. Though it does seem silly trying to find a peaceful solution to an invading force murdering civilians in your factions borders. And not all MMO's have to work a certain way, there is no real standard except if you are in the market of aping some other companies accomplishments.

Nothing says you can't create an MMO that has branching choices, but, that would take time, money, and effort. The beauty of this game, and the universe it takes place in though, allows for a near infinite potential in terms of content. Every planet could be it's own game, and you have an entire universe. What many need to understand is that takes time, and of course you have to have the will to take this all the way. We shall see nevertheless.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkdoff
The intro you have now feels like it was made for people with the IQ of Sponge Bob.
So... you're complaining they set the bar a little too high for you?
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
MMOs don't work that way. I can't think of any that have multiple ways to finish a quest. There's always one way.

Single-player games have branching choices, not MMOs.

Also in your OP... are you saying you couldn't find the Admiral's Office? When, you know it says "GO TO THE ADMIRAL'S OFFICE" and you spawn DIRECTLY south of it? With a big sign saying "ADMIRAL'S OFFICE" and the door is glowing to signal you can use it?
Yes, I couldn't find the admiral's office. Why? Because on my map there is a big orange circle for the admiral's office. You know what was in the circle? The bar. You know what wasn't in the circle? The Admiral's office.

The office was actually on the right side outside of the circle. So I ran around inside the big freaking useless circle for 10 minutes looking for a door that wasn't in there.

As to why I sounded angry the first day it was because I had to deal with registration nightmares. It took me over an HOUR to get an account set up. Why? Because I would go through all the steps to register and the system said I was registered but it never sent me a email. For some reason it would send emails to gmail but not Yahoo. So after that drama and finding out there are ZERO forms of assistance if you can't register accounts including a phone number you can call on the weekends I was pretty freaking ****ed.

When did it become OK for MMO's to close customer service on the weekends? That's when people play the most. They should be closed on a Tuesday or Wednesday or not at all but you don't close when the people who play are most likely to want to call.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-21-2010, 02:38 PM
How many people like to work weekends?

And again. It spawns you in the station directly in front of the door. Had you not looked at the map, and instead looked directly in front of you, you would've seen the Admiral's Office.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
And again. It spawns you in the station directly in front of the door. Had you not looked at the map, and instead looked directly in front of you, you would've seen the Admiral's Office.
Wait 'till the OP starts looking for Sulu. :p
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
How many people like to work weekends?

I'm guessing here.......people that like to earn money?

Gone are the days when weekends were early close saturdays and no trade sundays.

As for the finding the Admirals office.....well......we all remember the old days right? That age ago before the dawn of time when people would run around asking for a certain npc......

Not picking fights of course....just saying the map is pretty awful......
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Qu'? nuq Qu'? tu'lu' Hutlh tlhIngan Qu'!
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Hahaha! I found my first mail box today. The first mail I get. A notice of infraction for saying bad things on the forums. So they can't fix the game or make it quality but they can spend time and money threatening people for pointing out the massive gaping logic holes. Glad I have my receipt for this game.

Also, "Deliver sample to commander Romaene on Memory Alpha.. Yeah, good freaking luck with that.
There needs to be a web page with the locations of the NPC since these freaking ****** writers can't grasp "You can find him in the science lab." or "He's in the command center" or "He's in the sickbay" I mean really, is narrowing it down to one part of the ENTIRE FREAKING PLANET too much to ask?

You can look on your map and see all the merchants but none of them are the guy you need to talk to.

The level of fail is stunning when it comes to the ground missions. Fortunately the space missions are fun and that is the ONLY reason people will ever play this game. Crypdicks better keep on pumping out those space missions because it's the only hope they have of keeping this puppy afloat.

For anyone else who can't find him. He's in the south east corner of the central room. Just look for the mob of twenty other players because you can't do /anything/ else at the entire base until you finish this person's quest chain.