Lt. Commander
# 21
03-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Well, my killing streak on BoPs ended today. A BoP beat me 1v1.

Here's the complex tactics he used, for people who'd like to know.

Decloak...SubNuc...(I countered with "twiddle my thumbs" skill for 25 seconds)....Kill me.

I'm amazed I don't see very many Klingons using this combo. Subnuc combined with the firepower of a BoP seems like the ultimate "I Win" button. The best defense I can think of is hit "respawn" when he's done killing you.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
No science team? That makes you VM fodder. You can't very well RSP if you're disabled. So how do you deal with that?
100% agree. Anyone who is not carrying ST on their ship is a cannon fodder. ST gives you 30-45% damage reduction to shields, with ST 1 and 2 you can chain cast them on yourself reducing all incoming damage.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzx
Well, my killing streak on BoPs ended today. A BoP beat me 1v1.

Here's the complex tactics he used, for people who'd like to know.

Decloak...SubNuc...(I countered with "twiddle my thumbs" skill for 25 seconds)....Kill me.

I'm amazed I don't see very many Klingons using this combo. Subnuc combined with the firepower of a BoP seems like the ultimate "I Win" button. The best defense I can think of is hit "respawn" when he's done killing you.
We actually use that too but when you ran into us that day our sci guy wasnt online

We do refuse to use vm and sub nuke though. Its just wrong to have that in a game so we refuse to do that to people.

Not a fan of sub nuke either and most of the time its reserved for the vm users....