Lt. Commander
# 211
03-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumForce
OMG..are you for real...?

If a store offers a product for 15 bucks and sells it for a period of time for that price what's it's value..hmmm...FIFTEEN BUCKS. Then at some point in the future decides to offer a deal...buy one get one free...for FIFTEEN BUCKs..what's the value done...gone down to 7.50...NO..it's still valued at 15.00...get it..probably not. merchants would go out of business with the logic that says because you offer a buy one get one meant that the value of a single item drops to 1/2..what happens after the sale ends....price for one stay at the imagined reduced value...not on your life. Done with this thread..bubye now...
Price and value are two distinct concepts. If you don't understand that, this discussion is pointless. You don't imagine that the value of STO has gone down with the free-falling price of the boxes or that the same quantity of gas provides greater value to you when it's $3.50/gallon than when it's $1.50/gallon, do you?

Bringing the test server online increased the value of the subscription package for some, and Cryptic receives benefits in return. Stop pretending it's a gift.
Lt. Commander
# 212
03-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Price and value are two distinct concepts. If you don't understand that, this discussion is pointless. You don't imagine that the value of STO has gone down with the free-falling price of the boxes or that the same quantity of gas provides greater value to you when it's $3.50/gallon than when it's $1.50/gallon, do you?

Bringing the test server online increased the value of the subscription package for some, and Cryptic receives benefits in return. Stop pretending it's a gift.
/em bangs head against wall

What has the price of the game box got to do with the value of the monthly subscription?. And don't confuse the fluctuation in the price of a commodity(the afore mentioned gas) with a fixed monthly subscription price...
if you can't see the increased value of getting 2 things for the price of one then indeed this discussion is pointless...have a nice day
Lt. Commander
# 213
03-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Quoting myself. Woop.

Works for me.
Lt. Commander
# 214
03-21-2010, 03:54 PM
wahhh I had to wait. It falls in with the given time on the calander
Lt. Commander
# 215
03-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumForce
OMG..are you for real...?

If a store offers a product for 15 bucks and sells it for a period of time for that price what's it's value..hmmm...FIFTEEN BUCKS. Then at some point in the future decides to offer a deal...buy one get one free...for FIFTEEN BUCKs..what's the value done...gone down to 7.50...NO..it's still valued at 15.00...get it..probably not. merchants would go out of business with the logic that says because you offer a buy one get one meant that the value of a single item drops to 1/2..what happens after the sale ends....price for one stay at the imagined reduced value...not on your life. Done with this thread..bubye now...
In this case, everyone pays $15 and Everyone gets test server service, whether you like it or not. It doesn't mater if you use it or not, it's still a service provided which is included in the $15. The c-store is also a service provided you don't have to use but you still pay for it when you buy a monthly sub.
Lt. Commander
# 216
03-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reanimated
So I'm supposed to test their content they can't release on time for them, for free, while I'm paying them monthly, wow why didn't I think of that. You know QA testers get $12-25 PER HOUR for testing you're advocating the paying customer base do for free. I guess you wouldn't be surprised if Cryptic blamed us for the delay since we didn't test hard enough.
someone already tried doing that... it failed... like this thread......
umm... sorta.... i guess 22 pages of rebuke can't really be considered a fail....
Lt. Commander
# 217
03-21-2010, 05:01 PM
I really have to wonder about people who spend their time trying to convince others on a forum of how bad a game is.