Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Chat Banned for Being Quiet?
03-22-2010, 12:41 AM
What would you call having an account Chat banned for 24hrs when the player doesn't chat in Zone chat and has it turned off. I hadn't chatted in private messages or private channels for over 2hrs. I'm not a member of any fleet and don't send out recruiting messages. I don't send out any mails in game or on the forums yet randomly received a chat ban for "spamming"? Spamming what? SILENCE?

I'd say that there is a bloody dang bug in the coding or someone is exploiting some feature in order to harass other players. This is the second time this month that this has happened to my account. I don't like it. I want to know what or who it was that triggered the chat ban. I suffered quietly thru the last one. This time I won't tolerate it.

I have submitted a GM ticket but I wanted to post this to the forums to see if anyone else has "suffered" unfairly due to some exploit, abuse or coding issue.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-22-2010, 02:20 AM
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-22-2010, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razski View Post
lol - now that is funny stuff right there....
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-22-2010, 03:23 AM
Quote:
lol wow.......
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-22-2010, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Wow. See you in 125 YEARS from now. Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot, Oscar?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antagonist99 View Post
Wow. See you in 125 YEARS from now. Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot, Oscar?
I agree, Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot? especially on his own bridge! I could understand if the player was in a station or sector space, but for emoting locally on his own bridge?

I'm still waiting on a response to my ticket AND this posting.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Update
03-22-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
op ...
Updated -

I received a "canned" response this morning and had the flag cleared. I should be thankful, but I'm not. This is the second time that I've suffered this abuse or exploiting of the system. But, I'm going to let this issue go and try to get back to enjoying my game time. I just hope Cryptic does something to resolve the ability to exploit or abuse the chat system reporting functions.

Case Closed.