Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
To complete this mission it is very important you know what being "blue means. It is a debuff the queen puts on you.

IF YOU SHOOT THE QUEEN OR ANY OTHER BORG WHILE BLUE YOU WIPE YOUR TEAM.

Watch this video and fast forward to 8 minutes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lxNu42hdO0

At 8:06 the character gets hit with the blue debuff and 8:09 the idiot shoots the queen while blue. About 2 seconds later the queen uses her devastating AOE attack and nearly kills the team.

At 8:18-30 a SMART/INFORMED person has the blue debuff and DOES NOT shoot the queen and DOES NOT trigger her "f your couch" team-wiping AOE attack. (Yes she does some knockback at like 27 but look at health bars, its not the same attack)

SO IF YOU HAVE A BLUE SPINNY CIRCLE FLYING AROUND YOUR BODY FFS DO NOT SHOOT THE QUEEN OR ANY OTHER BORG! If you do it then the next idiot does it YOU ALL DIE.

"But but but... you can buff yourself with Squad Leader and survive it!" OK... no. You survived simply because the next person in line didnt shoot when blue and you didnt notice.

And why go to the hassle of trying to tank something you can avoid?

(As a side note you may trigger the attack when blue you if you perform ANY action, not just shooting. So for example youre blue and you try to res a teammate - KAPOW you all die. Or even using a hypo... etc. I need to confirm this or if someone else can)
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Good info. But, our princess is in another castle. (Its not the queen.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-20-2010, 06:50 PM
This is the third time I see people posting about the topic.
See here for reference: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=137509

So far it looks like no one is absolutely sure what exactly triggers the aoe.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Well, let me ask about what you're doing with the knocking Borg off the ledges? I understand the bat'leth, but would martial arts be faster?

What other kits and weapons are recommended for a Tactical Captain?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-20-2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renifizzle View Post
I am terribly sick of people who do NOT know what being "blue" is who do Infected. It is a debuff that the queen puts on you.

IF YOU SHOOT THE QUEEN OR ANY OTHER BORG WHILE BLUE YOU WIPE YOUR TEAM.
You are close, but it has nothing to do with shooting the queen.

http://www.mmocrunch.com/2010/03/20/...line-dev-chat/
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Wow great find Bovive. Kind of an obscure place to reveal information Cryptic...

I wish they had all dev blogs clearly available on their own main page.

OK... so some observations:
Why does the video show when the second character does not shoot, etc the team doesnt draw the AOE?

I've heard that the queen's first AOE is devastating then she takes a chill pill and the subsequent ones aren't alpha one or two shots.

Is this what we're seeing in the video then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyJones View Post
Well, let me ask about what you're doing with the knocking Borg off the ledges? I understand the bat'leth, but would martial arts be faster?

What other kits and weapons are recommended for a Tactical Captain?
I personally use rifle butt, a BLAST weapon (aoe small knockback) and my favorite- the Mk X daily purple antiproton something or other rifle (fantastically accurate right?). Look for the rifle that does +25 repel. It will shoot the middle borg spawn completely off the ledge if you aim it right.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Bump

bump