Lt. Commander
# 1 Area Map will not zoom out.
03-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Hello there,
I've been having trouble with my area map. It does not zoom out very far any more. What I mean is when I slide the scale button it will zoom in very deep and zoom out only so far. It used to zoom out so I could see an entire map and all the edges (so I could, for instance, see what systems are on the border). Now it only zooms out far enough to see maybe one sector, if that.

I've put in bug reports so I hope the right people know about it but I figured I'd post here about it also. Is anyone else having this problem?

Oh, also I noticed sometime when I first turn on the game the Area Map will be zoomed out far, like it used to be, but as soon as I zoom in a bit I will not be able to zoom back out.

Thanks a bunch for the help!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-22-2010, 07:17 AM
From the tribble server test notes:

•Waypoints have been scaled properly on the minimap.
•The minimap in space should now allow you to zoom out fully once again.

Basically, if you're still having problems after the patch on the 25th then I'd start worrying about a UI / mechanical problem
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-22-2010, 09:55 AM
The Sector Map not zooming out is a known problem, and they are working on it. No ETA.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Thanks :)
03-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Heya thanks for the info. I tend to read all the release notes and bug reports but I guess I missed it. Great to know they are on top of it!