Lt. Commander
Please add an audio cue when a PvP map slot opens up.

Often times while I'm waiting to get into PvP I am multitasking (one screen, two computers), and I hate waiting for 20+ minutes just to switch back and see I missed the PvP queue by 2 seconds.

I would suggest using the Red Alert sound as opposed to the message chime since it stands out more. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-22-2010, 12:16 PM
I totally agree with this. Some people want auto-joining, but that would just increase AFKing. An audio notification would make a huge difference. I don't think the red alert sound is a good choice, as it should only be used when actually under attack, but a new and noticeable sound would be best.

Another huge problem is how we often don't get the notification if we change maps. Dozens and dozens of times I have queued for PVP, transferred to a new zone, never got any notification, and then saw in my chat box that I failed to reply. No, the popup failed to pop up. An audio notification would make all the difference, in addition to making sure that the popups actually show up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Problem with that is, if STO is out of focus it doesn't make any sounds. At least that's how it is for me with just a dual monitor set-up.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Well I dont think a majority of players are running dual setups I think an auible queue is a good idea, what Id also love fixed is the prompt.. If im in a mission and my turn comes up the system doesnt notify me, Ill just get a message in chat window saying Im removed.

I would like it to tell me my turn is here especially when waiting 30 minutes+ right now it seems the system wants you to be doing nothing while you wait in queue.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-22-2010, 06:22 PM
I can keep the pvp window open...but then I can't see.

I have to do this during missions.

How about a small box in the upper left had corner that just goes red or something indicating that our queue has popped. It would be small, be a visual indicator that is on AT ALL TIMES you are queued and there we have it, less missed queues.