Lt. Commander
several of my mates (myself not included) have recieved forum infractions for light hearted jokes of pokes at people which in everyday life would just be met with "meh your a funny ***ker *playful elbow in the side*"
who is running this game??? and why the hell is a simple joke warenting a forum infraction? 5 of my online friends have quit, another 7 want to and the rest are also pretty unhappy with the lack of good humour when it comes to this forum and the game in general. i dunno if its because im an aussie and we generally dont take things like that to heart at all.
anyways going back to another mmo that do know how to joke around and have fun. and by the way i am an avid star trek fan and this game DOES NOT do the shows/movie justice. greatly dissappointed in botht he game, bugs and stupitidy of the mods here.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Your Pal, Indigofyre
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2010, 02:59 AM
Discussing Infractions can get you an infraction I got one for using (tl;dr) which is pretty understandable but I did use it in a Joking way as it was obvious I had read the post as I provided an answer, I PMed the GM but they neglected to reply back (We where instructed to PM GMs if we wanted a answer to why we got infractions)

I will probably get another now but I don't GaF tbh.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2010, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Discussing Disciplinary Actions
Posts and/or private messages that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, discuss disciplinary actions taken by Cryptic Studios against any user (including the poster) may be subject to an infraction.
If I was you man Id erase the body of your post asap. If you do not agree with the infraction you can send an email to the address in your infraction message. Posting here just compounds the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2010, 03:20 AM
'Shhh! Talk like zat iz dangerous in zese pahts...'
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2010, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikersgirl View Post
.... and stupitidy of the mods here.
Thats one reason why you get infractions. Name calling.

Oh and discussing forum moderation.

Doing well today, aintcha!
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2010, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikersgirl View Post
several of my mates (myself not included) have recieved forum infractions for light hearted jokes of pokes at people which in everyday life would just be met with "meh your a funny ***ker *playful elbow in the side*"
who is running this game??? and why the hell is a simple joke warenting a forum infraction? 5 of my online friends have quit, another 7 want to and the rest are also pretty unhappy with the lack of good humour when it comes to this forum and the game in general. i dunno if its because im an aussie and we generally dont take things like that to heart at all.
anyways going back to another mmo that do know how to joke around and have fun. and by the way i am an avid star trek fan and this game DOES NOT do the shows/movie justice. greatly dissappointed in botht he game, bugs and stupitidy of the mods here.
This is just another way in which Cryptic fail - in addition, the infractions are for life . We have had a discussion with them before, but nothing will change. My best advice would be to do what everyone else have done and vote with your wallet.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2010, 03:57 AM
I guess we must discuss this on unofficial forums, if there are any... or will be created. Here are threads getting closed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-23-2010, 04:18 AM
Quote:
anyways going back to another mmo that do know how to joke around and have fun.
This bit right here lets me count this as an "I quit" thread and close it.

As for the part about getting an infraction: On the Official Star Trek Online forums It has been seen that things can get out of hand very quickly. There needs to be law and order kept in this town, and as long as we are the sheriffs we get to make the calls on what breaks our forum policies.

If you feel something is out of line then you can PM a moderator to review the issue.

Keep in mind that intent and inflection do not come across in this medium. We can not read your mind to know what you mean when you post, we only have the words you choose to go off of.

Make sure you choose the right words.
Closed Thread