Lt. Commander
# 11
03-23-2010, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.PFDennis
I don't mind the idea of teaming up in missions, but why is it a requirement for "Infected"? I finally got in it last night with a thrown together team of 5 people. None of us knew the other at all. We did our best to work together without having made the slightest plan. We got no further than Starbase 82, when the controller I was using, finally died. While I was trying to get back in as quickly as possible, I accidently logged out and could not rejoin my team. While fighting Borg, I didn't have a free second to chat about it, so they must have thought I bugged out on them. I can get back in, now, but without any help. My away team can't join me, so I'm going to have to find another team and start over. Granted, I wasn't that far into it, but why can't teaming just be an option? I work well with my BO's. They behave just as I expect them to and they don't get aggravated when I screw up. It would be nice to have the choice. I'm rather new to the whole gaming thing and maybe I'd like to be more confident before I play well with others.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion. BTW, anyone want to set a date for "Infected" in the near future? I've got nothing else to do, as it's the only mission I haven't done. Lol.
I agree woth you as long as the mission is not made easier which there would be no reason for it to be since your still going in with a full team. The anti-solo people don't seem to realise this nor do I suspect the Devs do either. Devs you have provided us with decent NPC BO's that perform better than any other Pets that I've ever worked with. And you give us a party of them so there is no reason why any mission could not be performed with then and there is no reason why these missions should be made easier just because they are NPC's and not PC's
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-23-2010, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reon View Post
Its a "Raid-i-sode" its designed for 5 Players. All MMOs have some form of requirement for players to group together and to fight the Big Boss. In Infected, A team of 5 beams down to defeat the Borg Queen. WoW has 5, 10, and 25 man PvE groups to take down bosses and other threats to the world. Infected is just the first threat we are faced up against.

But the thing is that usally in most MMO's you can't field a whole party of NPC's. And it is the numbers that you need to defeat the boss. However in STO you can fill in the party with NPC's and NOT MAKE THE RAID EASIER....I'll reapeat....NOT MAKE THE RAID EASIER. Now the NPC's imo are pretty good in this game but not as good as player for the most part so for those of us that want to raid with them it will even be more of a challange than when grouping with people so why not let it be an option for those of us who want the challange. Also allow us to fill out our party with BO's like in normal missions when we don't have a full party of player.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-23-2010, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Orcutt
I would choose my Boff's over a PUG 90% of the time if that was even an option
I'd choose my BO's over Pugs (which I do a lot) and Fleet groups. Why because I create and build up my BO's and to me they are my group.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-23-2010, 05:55 AM
I agree with the OP here, I just dont see why there isnt the option to play solo. I love teaming up, but I would also like to play solo at times, sometimes theres no other way to play.

Teaming up is great, but seriously with all the crap shoved into games, giving the player the ability to play the game the way they want should be standard.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-23-2010, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.PFDennis
I don't mind the idea of teaming up in missions, but why is it a requirement for "Infected"? I finally got in it last night with a thrown together team of 5 people. None of us knew the other at all. We did our best to work together without having made the slightest plan. We got no further than Starbase 82, when the controller I was using, finally died. While I was trying to get back in as quickly as possible, I accidently logged out and could not rejoin my team. While fighting Borg, I didn't have a free second to chat about it, so they must have thought I bugged out on them. I can get back in, now, but without any help. My away team can't join me, so I'm going to have to find another team and start over. Granted, I wasn't that far into it, but why can't teaming just be an option? I work well with my BO's. They behave just as I expect them to and they don't get aggravated when I screw up. It would be nice to have the choice. I'm rather new to the whole gaming thing and maybe I'd like to be more confident before I play well with others.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion. BTW, anyone want to set a date for "Infected" in the near future? I've got nothing else to do, as it's the only mission I haven't done. Lol.

Cryptic releases ONE mission so far that REQUIRES a full team to do it. ONE. MISSION.

You know, the good old saying from WoW applies here as well: if you don't want to do what is needed to be done then just don't bother at all.
Besides, the way that Infected works especially at the end, even if you WOULD get that far with BOs, you wouldn't be able to finish it due to several occasions on which you have to operate 3 consoles almost simutanously in order to proceed, plus the "jumping" part would probably not work well with the average BO ai.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-23-2010, 06:10 AM
Remember the fire caves if you done it with your BOFFs? Now imagine that on the final room with th plasma. Needless to say you will gouging your eyes before too long
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-23-2010, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabbyK View Post
I agree with the OP here, I just dont see why there isnt the option to play solo. I love teaming up, but I would also like to play solo at times, sometimes theres no other way to play.

Teaming up is great, but seriously with all the crap shoved into games, giving the player the ability to play the game the way they want should be standard.

99,7 percent of the game (rough estimate) are soloable, and you DARE to complain about ONE mission that isn't? You don't HAVE TO do this, you know.

Besides, if you want to play alone that badly, you have bought the wrong game. This is an MMO, not a single player offline game.
If you can't get a descent group together, leave that ONE MISSION out.