Lt. Commander
# 11
03-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Ummm, not really. There have been no announced plans of adding weapons, items or experience boosters to the C-store. All we're getting is new options for customization, more character slots and a respec option.
Of course anything I'm talking is simply conjecture. I suppose we will see how the store turns out.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-22-2010, 10:10 PM
The OP is complaining about something that has inching it's way into MMO's for quite awhile. Microtransactions are here to stay. As for the game costing more per month than any other MMO and all others have more content.... I think I need some hip waders, it's getting pretty deep in here.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Most of you people have one comon problem YOU WANT EVERYTHING FREE AND SPIT SHINED CLEAN. Well you cant have it because it doesnt exist especialy in the world today.

No one it making you use the C-store so dont *****, plus anything on there is just little adds THEY DONT change the way the game it played.

((((If This is not what the topic is about I appologize just sall this crap for to long and the wall of txt and title scream complaint))))
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-22-2010, 10:56 PM
I remember when Cryptic said that you will be able to play Klingon at release, and then BAM it's in the CStore.
Respecs in the C-Store? More Character slots?

What a f'n joke! Cryptic are nothing but greedy.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-22-2010, 11:17 PM
To be fair you could play a Klingon at release and in the beta. It just wasn't a Klingon working for the Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-22-2010, 11:39 PM
I can understand offering a game for free play, and offering items for R/L money that adds to your gamming experience (unique clothing, minor buffs, ect). Face Book has alot of games like that.

I can understand a gamming companies need to try and get some income for the game they created, and continue to maintain. Were is the incentive to create an awsome gamming experience that could take 5 years to develop, just to give it away free to everyone. Advertisers are only going to go so far to keep the company from going bankrupt. I don't mind supporting a great game that is keeping me entertained for a few months. I spend $20+ just to buy a DvD or go see a movie in a theater, and that only lasts a couple of hours.

Now were the problem starts is the need to purchase the original copy of the game $50+. Then paying a monthly subscription rate. On top of that any advertising space that the company may have snuck in, one way or another. Then they decide that they will offer (for a small fee) items that can't be aquired anywere else through normal game play, and give the player an advantage over other players.

I see a trend in on-line gamming that is just getting worse. Greed/profits have risen, and quality has fallen off sharply.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-23-2010, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelOfDespair
the ones that have money will have more respeccs, more chars, more ships, more and better items. simply: more fun.
I know it's hard for you to understand, but that's the way the world works, has worked and will continue to work. Tough luck! All these folks screaming "we want to be equal" are just hilarious.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-23-2010, 03:51 AM
Quote:
the ones that have money will have more respeccs,...
They will have the same number of skill points. I don't see what's the point of more respecs.

Quote:
...more chars,....
If you're an altaholic.

Quote:
...more ships,...
No, they still have the same maximum number of ships. They will just look differently.

Quote:
...more and better items...
No. Nothing that influences the game balance will be in the store.

Quote:
...simply: more fun.
Only if they're altaholics who can't decide how they want to spec.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-23-2010, 03:58 AM
ummmmm.

k i say it again:

the things that are buyable in C-Store CAN NOT BE GAINED BY GAMING. and respec will cost 20k ingame merits, thats unreachable, i got 20k merits when saving ALL merits get till RA5 ! so I AM INDEED FORCED TO BUY c-points to respecc.

thats what i wanted to say. if it were only pets, would be okay. but the game was designed like a half ( to less char slots, to less ship variants (esp. klingons), no respecc), and now they are selling the other half via C-Store! (more char slots, to be exact: one, more ships, more playable races)

and cryptic said, everything that will be in C-Store will be available through gaming.

now: can i get a fed kli playable char by gaming? NO. can i get those new ships by gaming? NO. can i reach respecc through gaming? NO(t really) .( yes but 20k!!! merits, tzhat needs 2 month of work to get a respecc?!)

and as i described: the things you buy in wow are a completely other part. these are payments for real work that must be done to the servers in order to name you char and so on.

did you actually read what i wrote? i really described the differences in detail to make clear what i dislike in c-store and what is acceptable for me.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-23-2010, 08:38 AM
I just don't understand your rage. Respecs can be gained in game, even if it's not easy. Not to mention, you get free respec per rank and when the patch roles around you'll have 1 free respec waiting on you.

You are never forced to buy to points. What I'm hearing is you're either to lazy or to busy to use the in game method. For people like you, there is the C-Store.

Races, slots, bridges are what we call cosmetic. They don't effect or affect gameplay balance in any way, meaningful or not.

You already said pets would be okay, pets are purely cosmetic, why are you letting these other cosmetic issue ruffle your feathers?