Lt. Commander
I feel the minigame for scanning planets in Mass Effect 2 should be in STO. Science officers could get bonuses to scan faster or mine more efficient. It's kind of fun otherwise, but I feel like it slows down the pace of ME2 massively and I kind of wished they had just added some vehicle sequences like the first one. Those planetary landscapes really sold the first one for me, I truly felt like I was traversing a different, albeit realistically empty, planet. Star Trek actually does that better than ME2. Some planets in STO are really cool and feel expansive (till you hit the invisible wall, but come on, it's a video game).

So... how bout it. Minigames would be fun in STO and might give a nice break of atomizing klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2010, 10:21 AM
yeah, mini games for Ship and planet scanning, console/computers accessing, would be good.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm all for the minigames, just not running my mouse pointer all around the planet, all the time. To be honest I didn't mind the scanning thing, I thought it was cool. Then it just got repetitive. All for minigames, all for variety!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2010, 10:22 AM
As long as it introduced a REAL crafting system instead of this "trade-in" business we have now, I'd be down for it.

*waits for someone to post "Go play EVE" and someone else to derail the thread since it's in Ten Forward*
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2010, 11:00 AM
I scanned uranus....
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2010, 11:16 AM
I did too. The AI can't take a joke.