Lt. Commander
-- Autogrouping when match starts with the option of leaving the team.

-- Faction chat, 1 for federation, 1 for klingon.

-- Spawn points...perhaps tweaking them a bit.

-- Queues not starting until there are full teams on each side, or close to it. Coming into a match to do 5on1, or 10on3 doesn't seem to work too great.

Any of this coming in content patch?

Being paired into a group automatically when the match starts would greatly improve things, along with the match not starting or the queue not coming up until teams are full.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2010, 02:40 PM
the next update is currently available on the test server. there are no queue changes included, except for the "Random Map" thing which doesn't appear to work anyway.

-ken
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Asking if they will fix the queues is kind of like asking "Should I get this gangrene looked at?"

They are horrible as they are. The developers must be aware of this because it is impossible not to see. I have confidence they will be fixed. I don't know when. I haven't seen it listed in the engineering reports.

They have to do something though. I have never seen a game with a worse pvp-matching system.

The suggestions in the op are a good list of solid improvements that should be seriously looked at by the development team... except the additional chat channels aren't really necessary if it auto-teams each side.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm not sure the numbers imbalance will get fixed. Making it so that the match won't begin until the teams are full just won't work; you may end up stuck there for half an hour waiting for people to zone in; which is even less fun than uneven teams.

The only way to fix it would be to make it impossible to queue for more than one arena at a time; this is what is the main cause the problem (get 5 people on each side queuing for the same 3 arenas and they will all launch at once, but there is nothing to say that all the players will go into the same one). However, this would greatly increase the time spent in queues, since you have to wait for a specific game to launch rather than just go with whichever pops first; so I don't see Cryptic doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-22-2010, 02:07 AM
Queue window has been fixed on tribble. Buttons no longer overlap, finally.

That's it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-22-2010, 07:04 AM
From discussions on the Tribble forums, it sounds like devs are only now being made aware of the issue.

This despite the fact that we've been talking about it in dozens of threads on the PvP forums since beta.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-22-2010, 07:26 AM
here's the thread. it's probably too late to add any additional comments now, though.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=138871

that thread certainly does give the appearance that Cryptic was previously unaware of any queue problems, and that future fixes (if any) will be many weeks away because they must first carefully collate, present and evaluate this new information before they can even think about making plans to develop, test and release any kind of fix.

-ken
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the link to that thread Snowreap. Your post in it was particularly good.

I hope cryptic can quickly address it.