Lt. Commander
# 11 Bump
03-19-2010, 01:30 AM
This is what im taking about - TRUE WAR - not these lame Queues.

I should be able to go into Fed space when i feel like it to look for trouble. And if i run into a player
who is 5 level above me - i'll run and he'll chase -
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-19-2010, 02:24 AM
these are some good ideas and would make the pvp in the game more enjoyable. Atm the same old stale maps get old after awhile and what has been posted in this thread would be a much refreshing and welcome change IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-19-2010, 12:29 PM
If possible, 2-3 maps for ground and/or space, on a larger scale, say 20/20 or 40/40 with npcs for both sides. The objective would be like Vanilla WoW, or ****.

1) capture/hold points to prevent reinforcement numbers/tickets from dropping.
2) capture/destroy the enemies starbase

Map should also include, asteroid fields, nebulas...things we see in PvE content, but not pvp on the current maps. Same goes for ground...wheres those explosive objects on the walls, or laying around, where are those?

This would allow for Fleets to battle it out with IKS

or IKS v IKS, or Fed v Fed (although I can't see why Star Fleet would be killing each other)
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-20-2010, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeharney View Post
This is what im taking about - TRUE WAR - not these lame Queues.

I should be able to go into Fed space when i feel like it to look for trouble. And if i run into a player
who is 5 level above me - i'll run and he'll chase -
Ain't gonna happen. The devs have said that pvp will remain consensual. Open pvp zones would be fine. Things like neutral zones or contested sectors, but you'll never be able to gank and run.... erm... "look for trouble" I mean.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-22-2010, 05:43 PM
I absolutely love this idea. STO needs a more 'persistent' feel to it, players being able to change the game would help.

When I head into the neutral zone, I want to feel like there's some danger. I want to have an ever-flucuation border between Klingon anf Fed space. I think it would create a sense of purpose and unity among the factions if we had to unite to defend one of our bases from being overrun. Or even better, attack an enemy base or system.

Controlling a base or system could be based on an influence meter. The more the meter is toward your side, perhaps merchants will sell/buy for cheaper/higher prices for your faction. Having the influence meter on your side wouldn't prohibit the opposing faction from going there, but NPCs might be more likely to 'start trouble' with them the less influence they have. (Start trouble meaning sell at escalated prices or not at all. Maybe even have base/planetary defenses fire on them if the opposing faction rules completely there)
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-23-2010, 08:17 PM
i love the idea, but it will not work. reason? same as for the queus. to many feds not enough klinks. if u implement this qonos would get conquered on a daily basis while klinks wouldnt even get near starbase K7