Lt. Commander
I've maxed out 9/9 Starship System Repair but found that my Engineering Team I still heals only a poultry 4500 HP and the effect buffs remains at 18%.

What effect was this particular skill supposed to do for Engineer Team I? Has anyone had a chance to try what effectts 9/9 Starship Hull Repair will provide for Engineer Team skills?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2010, 07:11 AM
Space Skills decrease recycle time. While each engineering team does not more repairs, can be used more often.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2010, 07:17 AM
Space Skills decrease recycle time. While each engineering team does not more repairs, can be used more often.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2010, 07:19 AM
Make sure you are looking at the skill and see the changes it makes when each point is added. Most of the time, you will see a decrease in recharge time, in addition to other effects.

On a side note, I am waiting to see how putting points in to things like your ship add to hull points and things like that because I havent noticed a thing change there yet...maybe its still bugged or maybe I am just blind (which is possible! lol).
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Same here there is no stat changes or lesser cooldown when pts applied. If it is suppose to make hull repairs quicker, that is not also changing in repair rate.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-21-2010, 01:59 PM
It's a bug in display. That skill doesn't effect Engineering Team at all. Starship Engine Maintenance does however. Another example of Cryptic's **** documentation.

Quote:
Negative Ghost Rider. Cooldown timeers are affected by the Bridge Officer themselves, and not the Captain.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Great.. just finished bumping this skill to 8/9 at a cost of a mess of points, only to realize it's a typo in the skill description. I was about to make a thread asking the same question, too. At least it's already answered...

The Engineering Team power doesn't list Starship Subsystem Repair as giving a boost in magnitude. Is it simply an error, or is that skill supposed to boost Engineering Team? If so, is it getting fixed in the Season One patch? If not, that'll free up a lot of points. :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingMeSoftly
Great.. just finished bumping this skill to 8/9 at a cost of a mess of points, only to realize it's a typo in the skill description. I was about to make a thread asking the same question, too. At least it's already answered...

The Engineering Team power doesn't list Starship Subsystem Repair as giving a boost in magnitude. Is it simply an error, or is that skill supposed to boost Engineering Team? If so, is it getting fixed in the Season One patch? If not, that'll free up a lot of points. :p
The only things that boost it are Engineering Leader, Starship Engine Maintenance, and the T5 skill (Hull Repair I think it is).

But if you push P and look at the powers, it will tell you what modifies it. I just found that out today, and sure enough the Engineering team is listed correctly there.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-23-2010, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObieKenobi View Post
I've maxed out 9/9 Starship System Repair but found that my Engineering Team I still heals only a poultry 4500 HP and the effect buffs remains at 18%.

What effect was this particular skill supposed to do for Engineer Team I? Has anyone had a chance to try what effectts 9/9 Starship Hull Repair will provide for Engineer Team skills?
It improves the effect of repairing damaged/disabled subsystems. Doesn't do anything for hull repair, that is what the Hull repair skill is for. As an aside it also effects Tac Team for weapon subsystem repairs. Neither of the two Starship repair skills improve the systems boost of Engi team.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faelerian
It improves the effect of repairing damaged/disabled subsystems. Doesn't do anything for hull repair, that is what the Hull repair skill is for. As an aside it also effects Tac Team for weapon subsystem repairs. Neither of the two Starship repair skills improve the systems boost of Engi team.
Unless you're cribbing from a different game than I am, Starship Hull Repair DOES affect Engineering Team. Subsystem Repair however does not.