Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I've spent the last two nights on Tribble exploring a Klingon Cluster.
I've been pleasantly suprised.
I met two new species.
One was ship combat. Reasonably good npc enemies with ship designs i hadn't seen before.
The second was ground combat.
I've forgotten there name but they had taken over a Klingon outpost. I had to beam down and secure the place.
Whoever designed this species i salute you.
They are great fun and i was taken by suprise at their appearance!
I was so suprised i didn't even manage to shoot first before they attacked me
Other good stuff i saw was a large new Klingon interior, a new Klingon building, less asteroids in systems.

Enemies i fought against in ship combat included Hirogen,Reman, Romulan, Federation, Prxy (new species).
And the finale was fighting against Hirogen who had taken over a ship in ground combat.
They are big dudes!

Casual Starfleet players who have been waiting for Klingon PvE content to make a Klingon character certainly have a good starting point with this Season 1 Exploration.
Edit: The reason i make the Casual Starfleet players reference is the obvious fact that the Empire needs to lure more of these players.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2010, 11:23 PM
One space mission had me blowing up a tribble farm, it gave me a banana grin. Was even better when I rammed one of the domes with my Negh'Var.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Now I just did a mission where I got to burn tribble colonies. Again with the lulz.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2010, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_Raider View Post
I've spent the last two nights on Tribble exploring a Klingon Cluster.
I've been pleasantly suprised.
I met two new species.
One was ship combat. Reasonably good npc enemies with ship designs i hadn't seen before.
The second was ground combat.
I've forgotten there name but they had taken over a Klingon outpost. I had to beam down and secure the place.
Whoever designed this species i salute you.
They are great fun and i was taken by suprise at their appearance!
I was so suprised i didn't even manage to shoot first before they attacked me
Other good stuff i saw was a large new Klingon interior, a new Klingon building, less asteroids in systems.

Enemies i fought against in ship combat included Hirogen,Reman, Romulan, Federation, Prxy (new species).
And the finale was fighting against Hirogen who had taken over a ship in ground combat.
They are big dudes!

Casual Starfleet players who have been waiting for Klingon PvE content to make a Klingon character certainly have a good starting point with this Season 1 Exploration.
Edit: The reason i make the Casual Starfleet players reference is the obvious fact that the Empire needs to lure more of these players.
Are there any decent loot dropping from the PvE stuff ?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-24-2010, 05:49 AM
I kept getting "defend the outpost" missions, and Feds who talked more like Romulans than Feds. The missions I ran were transparently re-skinned versions of Fed-side exploration missions - reminded me of the missions in City of Villains...
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-24-2010, 06:21 AM
What I really liked about the counterpart to "scan 5 thingies" was that I don't just kill 5 thingies instead, but do one final task after that. Like, kill 5 plants, then poison the water supply to make sure they stay dead. Its only a minor detail, but I found it refreshing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-24-2010, 06:42 AM
I was just about to cry foul when I ran into my third "blow up the pile of tribbles" mission of the evening when I was tasked to poison their water supply. I know it was just a formality but I felt that it added just enough to the mission to keep it from feeling utterly sterile.

I'm definitely looking forward to random encounters and possibly wildlife on these away missions.

Edit: @ArievDhien - amen!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-24-2010, 06:55 AM
I was just happy to finally get my BOs out of the ship. The crew that slays together, stays together...
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
I was just happy to finally get my BOs out of the ship. The crew that slays together, stays together...
Qa'Pla! 10chrs
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-24-2010, 08:46 AM
You all are getting my hopes up about leveling a klingon past commander