Lt. Commander
# 11
03-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
Breen conquered? The Empire tried, and the ships never came back. Seeing what fancy stuff the Dominion gave the Breen, it can be assumed they also gave them technology. Unlikely anyone could simply conquer them while fighting another war.

Calnoth, I'm for it. I'm for any race with a good set of tusks. They should also be easy to conquer. They have no government anyways.

What Malon can offer? You said it: waste! That makes great biological and chemical weapons!
Remember though it was a Klingon Engineer who discovered how to defeat the energy dampening weapon of the Breen. Without it the Breen are on an equal footing with the Empire now. The empire never revealed the secret to it's allies either.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-24-2010, 01:03 PM
'Found out' is a strong term for a coincidence. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for playable Breen, but I really think its the wrong faction. Just like I can't see the reason why Hirogen are (going to be?) sided with the Romulans. Hirogen have some code of honor/hunters, and are pretty straight foreward when it comes to battle. Romulans, that's more sneak attacks and spying, not so much wearing heavy armour suits and running around with riles.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
'Found out' is a strong term for a coincidence. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for playable Breen, but I really think its the wrong faction. Just like I can't see the reason why Hirogen are (going to be?) sided with the Romulans. Hirogen have some code of honor/hunters, and are pretty straight foreward when it comes to battle. Romulans, that's more sneak attacks and spying, not so much wearing heavy armour suits and running around with riles.
Yeah , kinda puzzled me as well, Hirogens seem better matched to the Klingons then Romulans. Oh well . Another crappy design decision by Cryptic . Especially considering in Voyager the Hirogen may have encountered the Klingons before the Romulans.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Humans. The federation will fall soon enough.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-24-2010, 08:02 PM
I came up with some 'reason' why the Kazon would have been in contact with the Klingons, but that works for Hirogen as well. There was a Voyager episode where they met a Klingon ship, with a crew unaware of the war being long over. That says there were indeed Klingons in the Delta Quadrant. (Romulans, not that I saw any.) Its been a while since I watched, but if I remember correctly, said Klingon ship stayed in the Deltra Quadrant or was destroyed there, they didn't go home... Hm. Says any race there could have met the Klingons, or found the remains of the ship and searched for the origin.
And then you have General Kurok, Lib Borg Klingon, who took over a sphere. He got his Klingon identity back, AND Borg technology. So he could have returned, and brought some allies with him.

Actually, there is not a single reason why the Romulans would be allied with any Delta Quadrant species. Klingons have 2 possible ways from Voyager alone. So really, give the Romulans species from the Alpha & Beta Quadrant (Flaxians, hint, hint), and leave Hirogen to Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-25-2010, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Breen conquered? The Empire tried, and the ships never came back. Seeing what fancy stuff the Dominion gave the Breen, it can be assumed they also gave them technology. Unlikely anyone could simply conquer them while fighting another war.

Calnoth, I'm for it. I'm for any race with a good set of tusks. They should also be easy to conquer. They have no government anyways.

What Malon can offer? You said it: waste! That makes great biological and chemical weapons!
I imagine the Kilngons on their expasionistic path would conquer them but they would also be so impressed by the Chalnoths' fighting prowess that they would let them serve in the Empire, just like the Gorn.
Whether they would let them command a ship...well probably only the very best of them.

You know that waste is not actually such a good basis for a bioweapon...unless we're in a Godzilla movie.
Our most deadly tailored viruses are still being developed in sterile labs.
Besides the reason the Malon dump so much waste is because they lack the technology to recycle their waste properly.
It's not that there is more knowledge than the Klingons have, it's less.
So if the Klingons wanted to have that waste, they could simply produce it themselves.
It's like buying a new car and then ripping out the catalytic converter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuk
Remember though it was a Klingon Engineer who discovered how to defeat the energy dampening weapon of the Breen. Without it the Breen are on an equal footing with the Empire now. The empire never revealed the secret to it's allies either.
Nope, it was not discovered, it was a coincidence, the engineer on a BoP made a few adjustments to the tritium intermix and everyone was wondering why the ship was unaffected by the Breen weapon.
So when they found out why it was unaffected they implemented the modifications on the other Klingon ships.
During that briefing O'Brien, Martok, Sisko and that Romulan fleet chief were present.
So it was not actually a secret.
But they also said that these modifications would not work on Federation and Romulan ships because their technology was so different from the Klingons'.
I mean the Federation uses deuterium (hydrogen with one additional neutron) and not tritum (hydrogen with two additional neutrons) and the Romulans use artificial quantum singularities, that makes adjusting the tritium intermix quite difficult right?
So Kira went on that mission to steal the Breen weapon so the Feds and Roms could find their own coutermeasure.
But not because the Kingons kept their solution secret.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-25-2010, 07:06 AM
The Calnoth are a small civilization, and a very aggressive one. They have the will to conquer, but not the numbers. They could simply see their chance to make a move now, and join the Klingon Empire for that reason. Its the same with Nausicaans. It was never explained why species with their aggression wouldn't start to conquer their neighbor worlds. Nausicaans have pretty advanced ships, compared to those of other 'minor' species. So it can't be the technological inability to build weapons. They are probably just outnumbered.

That would work for Calnoth and really every small but aggressive species out there. And the Klingons have no reason to say no to free mercenaries.

For Malon... Hm, what benefit would the Feds have from letting Pakleds join? Its a stupid species that steals technology instead of inventing it. That's so against any logic, Vulcan or not, to ally with them. The Malons may not be the genius race either, but at least they invented the technology that produces the waste. There's more potential than the Pakleds ever had.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Some other Deltra Quadrant species that could side with the Klingons...

Voth - had their origins on Earth, might come around to see how the quadrant is doing
Norcadian - some serious interest in combat here ^^
Nasari - ok, its getting a bit thin here, but they have good ships
Tarkan - they are aggressive and ruthless, that should be good enough, lol
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-25-2010, 12:41 PM
edit Umm i have wandered far from where this was supposed to be posted it seems
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Mandalorians would be a nice match with Klingons.

"Always have someone to have a war with."

Mandalorians would love that constant warfare. Oh wait, wrong franchise :p