Lt. Commander
# 1 new ships for fed players
03-24-2010, 05:38 PM
couldnt federation players be allowed if they have that race to get a say other race ship

for example if they are vulcan they could have a refit vulcan ship
or ferengi or klingon

the reason i post this is this, one of the explores on the klingon side has federation ships hovering around klingon derelict ships trying to scavenge them i suppose.

it would be nice to see that the war with sooo many different factions is actually taking a tole enough to allow for these minor changes.

i would love to be able to take my klingon eng federation officer into a refit klingon ship (distinguishable with fed tech, new alloys on the hulls new colors) so that its not confusing in pvp.

thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-24-2010, 07:06 PM
It would be nice to see Vulcan and other Federation species ships in Klingon PvE, just as the Feds see Gorn, Orion and Nausican ships in their PvE.

Since the Klingon faction has so few ship choices and so little in the way of ship customization compared to the Feds maybe they should get some TLC from the Devs before the Fed gets a bunch of new ships. Give them some Gorn/Nausican/Orion ship choices. Just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-25-2010, 12:56 AM
If you are a Starfleet officer you are restricted to Starfleet ships. Allowing Federation player access to say, Vulcan Science Academy ships or Klingon Warships is a considerable breach of canon and should not be allowed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2010, 06:56 AM
A majority of Liberated Borg and Klingon RAs is canon? Must have missed that show.

I see no reason why species shouldn't fly their own ships. Many have warp much longer than the humans, so their ships can't be all that bad after such a long time to build them. Why would Starfleet not use them?

Ships should be restricted to species/faction they belong to, so totally no Bird of Prey for Fed klingons. But other than that? Why not?

Waiter? I take... a Talon for my Lethean, a Marauder for my Ferengi and a Vulcan Science vessel for my Betazoid. And a big cola.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-25-2010, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
If you are a Starfleet officer you are restricted to Starfleet ships. Allowing Federation player access to say, Vulcan Science Academy ships or Klingon Warships is a considerable breach of canon and should not be allowed.
I agree with this belief and think that racial ship types should only be availible when that races faction becomes a part of the game. When I can play as a member of the Vulcan defense force, then I'll want a vulcan ship.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Other faction ships
03-25-2010, 01:08 PM
In a time of extreme war, where they are actually refitting constitution and other oid classes why wouldnt the federation have vulcan or ferangi ships in thier fleets? I would think in a life or death situation they would use whatever they could get thier hands on. This isnt just a minor scuffle with the klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
A majority of Liberated Borg and Klingon RAs is canon? Must have missed that show.

I see no reason why species shouldn't fly their own ships. Many have warp much longer than the humans, so their ships can't be all that bad after such a long time to build them. Why would Starfleet not use them?

Ships should be restricted to species/faction they belong to, so totally no Bird of Prey for Fed klingons. But other than that? Why not?

Waiter? I take... a Talon for my Lethean, a Marauder for my Ferengi and a Vulcan Science vessel for my Betazoid. And a big cola.
That is a poor excuse to break canon, 30 years of kicking the borg's ass up and down the quadrant is more then enough to back the amount of Liberated borg in game.

You need to remember you are not just playing a member of a species, you are playing a member of a species that has enlisted in starfleet. and starfleet only issues their captains with starfleet vessels.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-25-2010, 04:24 PM
since the federation is at war with at least 2 factions at this time wouldnt it make since that each Race is keeping their ships in system to "police" their own borders and protect themselfs?? Remember the Federation does not interfere with the internal workings of each planet.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
That is a poor excuse to break canon, 30 years of kicking the borg's ass up and down the quadrant is more then enough to back the amount of Liberated borg in game.

You need to remember you are not just playing a member of a species, you are playing a member of a species that has enlisted in starfleet. and starfleet only issues their captains with starfleet vessels.
No, I don't. I play a Ferengi with dual citizenship. Ferenginar is not a member world. The Federation just allows non-member species to sign up for Starfleet now, hence the option to create an alien character.

And in a time of war, it seems there are more Klingons in the Federation than ever. Or in the KDF, for that matter. That's just as canon (or not) as the Federation allowing others to fly their own ships. Even more the Klingons, they basically conquered others and now happily hand out BoPs to everyone. It would be more likely they don't really trust the others and don't give everyone an example of their technology and weapons in particular as a welcome gift.

Oh, and for canon-breaking... After 30 years of kicking the borg around, how likely is it that ALL liberated drones were humans before? Is it canon that really no other species would a) be assimilated or b) try to rescue assimilated members of their kind? That point doesn't hold. Not at all.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I agree with this belief and think that racial ship types should only be availible when that races faction becomes a part of the game. When I can play as a member of the Vulcan defense force, then I'll want a vulcan ship.
I second this