Lt. Commander
# 41
03-20-2010, 11:36 PM
I would rather the Staff continued to finish the late 45 day update.
Once that's with us, then let them wast time with stuff like this.

I also feel there needs to be some kind of Achievement system like WoW or SWG.
As there is not, anything like this is pointless to me
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-21-2010, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I remember reading tons o' feedback from when the Champs devs did the first PVP event with the players.

So I was excited to see this was happening here on Trek too. Alas, I missed it.

So ... how'd it go?

I at least want to live vicariously through those that did attend!

Don't let the unemployed armchair developer, naysayers get you down. :p

The event was great to chat with the Devs who were clearly quite proud or their work. For them to take some time to show us what they have been working on and break to PvP with us, etc is really something that brings the community together IMO.

Remember they don't have to do that, I have played plenty of MMOs that didn't happen, but the ones where the Devs actually like the game and its not "just" a job are always the most fun. Though I did not get into a cure group I had much fun just chatting, learning and Dev smashing PvP action.

That's my 2 energy creds worth
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Well after waiting more than on hour for people to just join one mission (The Cure, Vorn System) I must admit I feel very disappointed about the way a Tribble weekend was set up.

I would have liked to had a test run on the new mission. Why are people not automatically put in a random group as well to have a go at it?

I have not seen any one from STO team this weekend on Tribble. Please do not announce it then like a fact.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-22-2010, 08:25 AM
There were peeps on all weekend, they were in the TTS chat. Look there was a handful of them and many of us. It was chaos and yet they treid to answer all our questions. Fri night there were at least 6 Devs on at any given time and I was speaking with one in Drozana station for hrs.

I'm not a fanboy but I am a realist.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumrah
There were peeps on all weekend, they were in the TTS chat. Look there was a handful of them and many of us. It was chaos and yet they tried to answer all our questions. Fri night there were at least 6 Devs on at any given time and I was speaking with one in Drozana station for hrs.

I'm not a fanboy but I am a realist.
Well as I wrote, I was stationed at the Vorn System asking on chat if anyone would like to try the mission called the Cure for one hour (CET time zone). After one hour still no team. I have not seen any of the chaos you describe.

So why not just put players in a random group as well (e.g. when few are arround)?

PS: I understand you see yourself as a realist, which means you can not deny my experience, bescause also the experience I made is reel.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capraibex
Well as I wrote, I was stationed at the Vorn System asking on chat if anyone would like to try the mission called the Cure for an hour (CET time zone). After one hour still no team. I have not seen any of the chaos you describe.
We virtually spammed the Battlegroup Omega area with invites to the Tribble Test Server fleet, even before the appointed hour.

If you followed the link in the original post of this thread, you would have seen the following.

Quote:
STF - “THE CURE” (Level 45)
3 p.m. - Meet up at the Staging Fleet
If you were in the wrong place, it's no one's fault but yours. Several hundred folks found it without any problem.
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Anyone have a transcript that they can post?
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMaster View Post
We virtually spammed the Battlegroup Omega area with invites to the Tribble Test Server fleet, even before the appointed hour.

If you followed the link in the original post of this thread, you would have seen the following.

If you were in the wrong place, it's no one's fault but yours. Several hundred folks found it without any problem.
Sorry, but I am not saying that anything is someone's fault. As I wrote I was at the right spot during the Tribble weekend. I wrote that I was disappointed not to be able to have played The Cure on tribble, while asking around for one hour to find others to join for this mission.

Weird to read responses of three people already not able to show any understanding. I am glad to read others did not had the same experience I made. As from my perspective it did not look like hundreds of people were playing on Tribble as i understand from the replies. So I hope to have a share of a similar experience on a next Tribble weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capraibex
Sorry, but I am not saying that anything is someone's fault. As I wrote I was at the right spot during the Tribble weekend. I wrote that I was disappointed not to be able to have played The Cure on tribble, while asking around for one hour to find others to join for this mission.

Weird to read responses of three people already not able to show any understanding. I am glad to read others did not had the same experience I made. As from my perspective it did not look like hundreds of people were playing on Tribble as i understand from the replies. So I hope to have a share of a similar experience on a next Tribble weekend.
That's just it. You WERE NOT at the correct place. As I pointed out, you needed to be at the Battlegroup Omega location, which you just said you were not.

The only person not showing any understanding here is you. Had you been where nearly everyone else managed to be, you would have had a different experience.

As far as the number of people there, at one point there were well over 500 people in the TTS fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-25-2010, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMaster View Post
That's just it. You WERE NOT at the correct place. As I pointed out, you needed to be at the Battlegroup Omega location, which you just said you were not.

The only person not showing any understanding here is you. Had you been where nearly everyone else managed to be, you would have had a different experience.

As far as the number of people there, at one point there were well over 500 people in the TTS fleet.
Well that is your experience which is not the same as mine as I tried to bring across.

FYI besides being at the missions location for an hour, I have been at Earth space dock (checking out respec), I have been at the Omega battle group (checking out the possible requisitions), and while in space I have been asking on ZONE chat if people want to try out the new mission (the Cure at the Vorn system). I certainly did not see 500+ players out there.

Besides what would be the point for me of writing all this if I would have had the same experience as you? So what is the problem if I express my disappointment and my experience regarding the Tribble weekend? Am I judging yours? In other threads about the topic you can for example read that also other people experienced issues regarding the Tribble weekend.

And what about my suggestion to have people also put automatically in groups on Tribble for raid quests? Like done in some other missions well when entering the mission.
Closed Thread