Lt. Commander
# 11
03-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Ashame that happens. All you can do is black list the player.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Whoever the team leader is should not get all the good stuff. I was leader once and got everything good.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Its called a Ninja, and basically once the community gets older, itll stop mostly.

Because toons that keep ninjaing, well they get known everywhere.

In theory WoW has the same problem, its negligible, because people do not want to ruin their ability to pug. But some peeps dont care.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Jesus christ it's so easy to fix.

Have the Team leader pick the loot setup first then when the mission launches its locked. The only way to change it is to abort mission.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleebnork View Post
Perhaps the loot mode could be "locked" in some way once it has been agreed upon. Each player could vote on the loot mode and once selected, it locks in and can only be changed by another vote.

The mechanism could be similar to the dialogue box you get when choosing away team members and then clicking "Accept".
Sounds good to me.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-25-2010, 01:38 AM
I'd love to know the names of those players, so when I do open my fleet up to recruiting I'll know who not to accept

Either way, I've had it happen to me as well but not in Infected, but other missions.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-25-2010, 04:51 AM
Hmm...
Yesterday i forgot to set the Lootmode to need or greed at the beginning of the Mission.
Later (End of the space part) i changed it from round robin to need or greed, but this change took no effect during the whole time incl Rebecca.

It was a Guild group, so we trade the items, when someone was in need of something.

This is absolutely the opposit to the posts of the others here.
Lt. Commander
# 18 Infected Loot
03-25-2010, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post
Everyone should get a reward.
In Guild Wars the Dungeons do exactly this. The chests at the end spawn a number of random items, each one assigned to a specific player so only they can pick them up. It'd be nice if that happened here, at least for the boss drops. Locking the loot setting once everyone has entered an instance is also a viable option, though you'll still get the slime that always picks 'Need', which might force you to restart the run just to have them kicked from the team.

That said, most folks are doing these runs for the Marks of Valor, not the drops. After all the runs I've done, I've picked 'Need' only once on a single item that rounded off my Mk X collection of weapons. Otherwise, I've yet to see an item worth grabbing. I have enough credits to buy what I need on the Exchange, and I can use the Marks to get the superdoopa cool stuff from vendors. Loot is the least concern at this level of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-25-2010, 03:57 PM
Name And Shame!!!.